Suggestion: add a female melee or hybrid class

I'm female and I'm used to the male avatar thing because at one point that's almost all there was. Big studly mage in Diablo1 anyone, haha. So doesn't bother me/keep me from playing at all but if there's a looks-only gender choice I do tend to pick female appearance.

In online games tho, I started to play male characters more often because I became tired of all the out of the blue "are you really a girl? I didn't know girls played games" and "Hi baby you're sexy in that outfit" type comments. I'm too old to want to listen to that nonsense.

For Path of Exile, I'm loving the Duelist but having it be 3 male/3 female would be a nice even mix. :)
"
LadyCrimson wrote:
I'm female and I'm used to the male avatar thing because at one point that's almost all there was. Big studly mage in Diablo1 anyone, haha. So doesn't bother me/keep me from playing at all but if there's a looks-only gender choice I do tend to pick female appearance.

In online games tho, I started to play male characters more often because I became tired of all the out of the blue "are you really a girl? I didn't know girls played games" and "Hi baby you're sexy in that outfit" type comments. I'm too old to want to listen to that nonsense.

For Path of Exile, I'm loving the Duelist but having it be 3 male/3 female would be a nice even mix. :)

What?!?! I invoke rule #29 here :P

But - I'd be willing to bet next char will be female, to keep balance.

I'm female as well and agree with LadyCrimson...I hate the comments when people start figuring that out. They either flirt shamelessly OR spend far too much time insisting that you ARE NOT female because you play games. In the minds of many gamers (not all but many)..girls simply don't play and therefore anyone claiming to be female is a liar and has some secret agenda for claiming to be a girl. In D2 I had so many people insist that the only reason I claimed to be a girl was so people would give me free stuff...bullshit...I was far richer ingame than any of those idiots. It's a joke, if I do slip up and mention my boyfriend in chat (he plays too) then the chat immediate starts in on "oh shit..your gay?" and then we get to repeat the above mentioned dialogue on how I can't possibly be female. It's already happened a couple times in the beta..luckily I play with a group of well respected players and we use vent and they are able to vouch for me and get the doubters and haters to shut up :)
Well on the internet I am whoever I want to be and that's part of what makes the internet exciting.

*pauses

AH HAH just kidding, I don't portray myself as an 18 year-old good looking female with a rather complimented chest size just to get luxury in a game :X

I think the answer that most people have been giving is pretty firm and won't budge for the time being simply due to it not being very cost efficient (as far as opposite genders for already available classes are concerned).

I personally hope that the next class is female to help balance things out but time will tell.

For now you're going to have to deal with the really nice biceps of a man that if were real could protect you from any danger in this world except the inevitable.

Enjoy the masculinity while you can!
Last edited by gamervibe on Oct 18, 2011, 11:03:07 PM
"
Lace wrote:
It's... that important to you?

I mean, I'm comfortable playing female characters, but the gender of my ingame avatar doesn't matter to me such that I will refuse to play a class if it must be male.

Anyway, another female class would be pretty nice.

I think a lot of it is because we are male and OF the dominant gender in society that this feeling is hard to imagine for us.

Edit: I do hope for another female assassin-y/thief-y character. A thief would kidna make sense for an exile, imo... I like my variety.
I swear to god if you ask me for a beta key you will get a severe tongue lashing. Cheers!
Last edited by EternisRequiem on Oct 19, 2011, 12:08:42 AM
Speaking about gender issues, have you noticed all classes involved with the STR atribute (marauder, templar, duelist) are male?
Closed beta player, August 2011
"
BitmapFrogs wrote:
Speaking about gender issues, have you noticed all classes involved with the STR atribute (marauder, templar, duelist) are male?

I did, but the setting seems to be reminiscent of gender roles of a pre-industrial England-ish era (I'm so terrible with dates so I won't even try), and that fits the gender roles, right/wrong/indifferent. I was happy to see the ranger was female. Hopefully the last hybrid will be female as well.

An Aside: And, by pure statistics, females are on average not as strong (NOT cannot be as strong/stronger) than males. Partly from gender roles, partly from genetics. I have met many a girl who could probably kick my butt. Not to mention probably every single one in the military XD
I swear to god if you ask me for a beta key you will get a severe tongue lashing. Cheers!
It's very likely that the new hybrid will be female, if not just to balance the gender:class ratio.

"
I have met many a girl who could probably kick my butt. Not to mention probably every single one in the military XD
From experience, I can say that military females generally aren't in much better shape than a decently fit civilian female.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
First, be smart from the very beginning. Pulverize all teeth, burn off fingerprints, and disfigure the face. Forcing a DNA test to establish identity (if it ever comes to that) might introduce the legal/forensic hurdle that saves your ass down the line. An unidentifiable body can, in a pinch, be dressed in thrift store clothes and dropped in a bad part of town where the police are less likely to question it. I don't reommend that disposal method, I'm just saying an easily identifiable body is an even bigger threat than the opposite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info