Suggestion: add a female melee or hybrid class

Hello

I've searched the forums and the "Beta Manifesto", and I couldn't find any information on GGGs future plans in regards to adding female characters.

I only play female characters. I'm a woman and I don't want to play a male character. It matters a lot to me, that I can have a female character.

Currently I can only play two classes, and it feels very limited :-(

I understand that it is a financial issue to make the classes in both gender. Since most gamers are male, there is a larger customer segment for male characters.

But my wish is:
That you add a female melee or hybrid class next :-)

Last edited by Loumy on Sep 29, 2011, 4:59:04 AM
It is speculated that the Dex/Int hybrid class will be female (so we'd have a 3 - 3 symmetry). It would also be capable of being a melee class, seeing as both daggers and claws are Dex/Int weapons.
Oooh

I'll be crossing my fingers! :-)
Last edited by Loumy on Sep 29, 2011, 8:18:53 AM
I hear you loumy! I'm also female and like you, I prefer to play female characters.

So I've got my fingers crossed for the 6th class as well. By the looks of things 'she' (it can't hurt to hope) will be a very versatile class.

She'll have the option of playing melee (with sword, dagger or claws) ranged with a bow or as a magic caster.

I'm just hoping she'll make her appearance in patch 0.9.3.
Only GGG knows about the last class but I think it's pretty safe to expect it to be female.

"
Tiptoe wrote:
I'm just hoping she'll make her appearance in patch 0.9.3.

Don't hold your breath for that.
Forum Sheriff
It's... that important to you?

I mean, I'm comfortable playing female characters, but the gender of my ingame avatar doesn't matter to me such that I will refuse to play a class if it must be male.

Anyway, another female class would be pretty nice.
Yes it matters to me - very much. :-)

To better explain it, I guess you could make a parallel to the physical world.
Imagine going outside - for example doing your groceries. What would it feel like if people around you mistook you for a man?

It just feels wrong to play a male character.
I don't know how to explain it. ;-)

I feel my character is somehow a representation of me, and I wanna look feminine :-)

I wouldn't buy masculine clothes either.

Ooo, now I'm in the mood for contemplating and reflecting upon ones image of self :-D

What I want, I guess... Is that everything people associate with me, be it online or offline, is associated with me being a woman and not a man.

I don't feel that because I am online, my relations to the people around me are unimportant or not existing. I met my husband online :-)
I've made a lot of friends online. It matters.
Last edited by Loumy on Sep 29, 2011, 6:19:04 PM
"
Loumy wrote:
What would it feel like if people around you mistook you for a man?

It just feels wrong to play a male character.
I don't know how to explain it. ;-)

I've stopped playing female characters in MMOs because of this... having people assume I was female because my avatar was, and being told I "type like a girl" (I assumed this was because I typed like I stayed in school) was strangely disconcerting.

Personally I've found this to be less of an issue in games with gender locked classes, because there's no reason to assume someones gender relates to their avatar in that case - but given the amount of feedback we've received on this issue I would be surprised if changing your character's gender doesn't become a microtransaction option some time in the future.
I'm male, but I usually play female characters because I prefer to stare at a woman for hours at a time.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
Thomas wrote:
...and being told I "type like a girl" (I assumed this was because I typed like I stayed in school) was strangely disconcerting.

Can I use that as my sig? That is a hilarious observation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info