Can this still work? spell totem advice

Hello All

Fairly far into my build I have decided to attempt to use spell totem

Is this still going to be viable?

How come i barely do any damage at all with my totems using spark?

How can i improve it with items?

Im in almost all plate tank gear, happy to buy gear that will help me.

i wasted my respect points going for totem skills :S

current build

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0ZLho4JIsn7SlPLKcyiT0PRtdN2FRJV-JZ81orXcZfP2Btd-V8u4FvgpuDOIuMjHaMz5BVnYCePKIAo_KnhLndwBrE9tSP3fPhc-dS7DjtIO8O73zyL_Pd9kg=
You're going double totem and yet you took Weapon Elemental Damage. They doesn't benefit you at all.

You took Amplify, I don't even know what's that for.

You also took the Marauder's Resistance Nodes when there is a much better one above Ancestral Bond. And Life nodes. There are better ones placed above the Templar and you took the worst one.

Here's a 44 point build:

Also Lightning has the biggest gap in min/max damage, it's really unstable. You need to use some curses to boost its damage.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fO2hmBtfVPyzsy31XWCmylP7DjkIjrYGjiOZE3Yp4T3pp48jHaQVbb6gW_AGgSzZp5Z8xRN8B9xTfrSWiuiAJrPHRQsp0Njj0aj8rcx0NBY9ZuhncT316yYFLA6MDlSvDdObVgHpwja3Q==

As you can see you have access to more Life nodes this way. The ones below Minion Instability and the one parallel to Zealot's Oath. You can take them if you want.

This should be the core build. You can then take more Elemental Damage/Spell Damage/Lightning Damage nodes to increase your Totem's DPS, or you can become a summoner utilizing the Shock effect.

Now you can either choose to get Inner Force to increase your Auras if you ever decide to use them, or you can take more Life nodes. Or if you ever need more Dex, get the Agility node across from Ancestral Bond. Don't let it go over 80 though.

You can take Elemental Weakness with Conductivity to increase your Totem's damage or you can take Vulnerability to increase your minion's damage.

You only need Fork and Spark, but you can add Faster Projectiles, Pierce, Elemental Proliferation, Faster Casting, Lightning Penetration or Reduced Mana.

Minion Gems should be self explanatory, Minion Life, Minion Damage.

For Auras you NEED to use Clarity. Anger and Wrath to increase your Minion's Damage some more but it might be too much and you won't have enough Mana to cast your Curses/ Totems. Discipline and Purity if you're feeling that you don't have enough Defense.

For equipment, you need to focus on getting Faster Casting so your Totem's can spew out more Sparks. You can choose to find some Spell/Elemental Damage increase mods, but it won't do you much good.

Good luck.
this is probably one of the best post replies I have ever had, thanks for your time and effort and i hope this gets shared with others :)

I think ill start again as a summoner following this build, i had initially meant this character to be my tank but decided otherwise after leveling a lifesteal marauder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info