VictorDoom's 2h Marauder, 7.7k life(no kaoms) huge dps[Uber Killed, with video] [2.0]

Bough a ring and changed my belt so i can have the res to use Kaom's:
Around 7.5K HP and almost 43K DPS, dmg is a bit down because i lost the 21%phys from my Rustic Sash (44.5K with that belt), but i also lost some DEX so i need to look for yet another Q20 Blood Rage gem (can use any of my two leveled ones and i need 8% leech to reach the cap).

http://i.imgur.com/6z744Nx.jpg

Gear:
Spoiler

Next goal: change boots and belt combo so i can have a Rustic Sash again for the dmg, and spending the two unused tree points (maybe the two 4%life+4%Chaos res?).
Atziri viable with lvl79 :D

I guess even before, used all of the portals, but slow pc + not used to the build

btw same dps with those 2

but had to cap cold resis anyway

@Monty: I don't see a lot of room for improvement :/ you would need some GG Boots, which would cost like 10-15ex, but the belt is amazing oO I would keep it
Last edited by Ceratoidei on Feb 26, 2015, 6:23:31 AM
"
Ceratoidei wrote:

;)

but yeah I'll buy a new ammy and a new ring maybe, Blood Rage should be enough to reach the leech cap

Thats awesome, disfavour is one of the best weapons for cyclone

Before you link it i suggest you slap in some gems that benefit a lot from the +2 support gems in that 4 link, such as Blood Rage-Enhance-Curse you like-BM

this will give a LOT of leech because a level 3 enhance turns to level 5(32% additional quality on gems), giving you 16% Life leech from bloodrage, which is huge and very good for cyclone

And any curse that you use will get a massive buff from the enhance, it makes curses almost two times as effective since you basically have 52% quality on them (20% from the gem, 32% from enhance)

"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:
Bough a ring and changed my belt so i can have the res to use Kaom's:
Around 7.5K HP and almost 43K DPS, dmg is a bit down because i lost the 21%phys from my Rustic Sash (44.5K with that belt), but i also lost some DEX so i need to look for yet another Q20 Blood Rage gem (can use any of my two leveled ones and i need 8% leech to reach the cap).

http://i.imgur.com/6z744Nx.jpg

Gear:
Spoiler

Next goal: change boots and belt combo so i can have a Rustic Sash again for the dmg, and spending the two unused tree points (maybe the two 4%life+4%Chaos res?).

If you link your tree i can help you decide on what to upgrade next, what passives to take or replace etc

"
Ceratoidei wrote:
Atziri viable with lvl79 :D

I guess even before, used all of the portals, but slow pc + not used to the build

btw same dps with those 2

but had to cap cold resis anyway

@Monty: I don't see a lot of room for improvement :/ you would need some GG Boots, which would cost like 10-15ex, but the belt is amazing oO I would keep it

Atziri at level 79, you got some balls man haha, grats on the kill, i think thats probably one of the lowest level kills on her, sounds like a pretty awesome challenge!

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 27, 2015, 8:47:39 AM
I'm at 5,5k Life so roughly 1,1k is the leech cap... with 10% of BR at 10k pdps, which I reach even with full aoe set up, there is no need to enhance it, but yeah... was thinking about trying the venegeance set up, but was to lazy to buy the gem and it didnt drop yet... made a bigger break ;)

and for atziri... with a lvl20 pof and some flask management it's quite easy I think, I did countless run with my ST Build back in... ambush, so I know the fight
the movement of cyclone helps a lot
"
Ceratoidei wrote:

First of all grats on the Atziri kill, and on such a low char lvl, well done sir!
And you are probably right, gear after "high HP + 2x high res" have a steep price curve...

"
VictorDoom wrote:
If you link your tree i can help you decide on what to upgrade next, what passives to take or replace etc

My current tree is the same i posted before, i only took the Unwavering Stance node since then.
With the two unused points i have now, i will probably take the two Life+Chaos in the top to complete the cluster, i just don't feel like i "need them" atm so i am keeping the points unspend in case i need a +30DEX node or something.
The only time i have mana issues is when i do "half regen" maps.

Now, may i ask why people love so much the Devoto's Devotion helm?
Spoiler

I just bought a Devoto's Devotion since i found it cheap, to test the dmg increase from that, and really it sucks... I don't understand what's so nice about this helm, the very small increase in DPS is not worth losing Life or more res, and a Rare helm can also have a 50DEX stat or very high AR/EV. OK the move speed mod is unique, but personally i don't value it so much (as a Bow char might would for example).

Really i think that you could get most of the DPS increase from a Rare helm with a +50STR stat, except if your tree has no Attack Speed increase at all and lots of +%phys dmg, in which case the damage boost can be much bigger than it is in my case.

With my tree and gear i get from 44.3K to 46.8K, a very small damage increase compared to say my gloves (down to 40.8K without them) or a 20%phys Rustic Sash without +STR (44.1K with / 42.6K without) or a lvl16 VaalHaste (51K during effect)

I just don't see why you would choose a small increase of dmg plus the move speed, over a 300 HP and more res increase... I mean if i would lose the life stat on the helm, i could go for a Alpha's Howl instead (if only i had IR).

That's my point of view at least :)

PS:
I go to 52.2K using Atziri's flask, i haven't checked it but the dmg from Frenzy charges from Blood Rage + Vaal Haste + that flask should be a nice burst of dmg (for 3-4sec lol)
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Feb 28, 2015, 3:56:03 AM
The benefits about Devoto:

- huge + dex (for you to reach the dex requirement to use several gems)
- chaos res
- attack speed
- mainly is the movement speed.

Movement speed of course U won't see the increase in paper dps but the dps increase is actually very significant during the cyclone effect. U can try it with a quick silver flask during cyclone.

IGN - Duck_Ya
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
I'm at 5,5k Life so roughly 1,1k is the leech cap... with 10% of BR at 10k pdps, which I reach even with full aoe set up, there is no need to enhance it, but yeah... was thinking about trying the venegeance set up, but was to lazy to buy the gem and it didnt drop yet... made a bigger break ;)

and for atziri... with a lvl20 pof and some flask management it's quite easy I think, I did countless run with my ST Build back in... ambush, so I know the fight
the movement of cyclone helps a lot

With cyclone you want to get as much leech as possible, you should look at how much you get per hit mostly, because the actual dps you get with it also sacrifices a bunch of life while you do it, the faster you get to leech cap the better

"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:
"
Ceratoidei wrote:

First of all grats on the Atziri kill, and on such a low char lvl, well done sir!
And you are probably right, gear after "high HP + 2x high res" have a steep price curve...

"
VictorDoom wrote:

My current tree is the same i posted before, i only took the Unwavering Stance node since then.
With the two unused points i have now, i will probably take the two Life+Chaos in the top to complete the cluster, i just don't feel like i "need them" atm so i am keeping the points unspend in case i need a +30DEX node or something.
The only time i have mana issues is when i do "half regen" maps.

Now, may i ask why people love so much the Devoto's Devotion helm?
Spoiler

I just bought a Devoto's Devotion since i found it cheap, to test the dmg increase from that, and really it sucks... I don't understand what's so nice about this helm, the very small increase in DPS is not worth losing Life or more res, and a Rare helm can also have a 50DEX stat or very high AR/EV. OK the move speed mod is unique, but personally i don't value it so much (as a Bow char might would for example).

Really i think that you could get most of the DPS increase from a Rare helm with a +50STR stat, except if your tree has no Attack Speed increase at all and lots of +%phys dmg, in which case the damage boost can be much bigger than it is in my case.

With my tree and gear i get from 44.3K to 46.8K, a very small damage increase compared to say my gloves (down to 40.8K without them) or a 20%phys Rustic Sash without +STR (44.1K with / 42.6K without) or a lvl16 VaalHaste (51K during effect)

I just don't see why you would choose a small increase of dmg plus the move speed, over a 300 HP and more res increase... I mean if i would lose the life stat on the helm, i could go for a Alpha's Howl instead (if only i had IR).

That's my point of view at least :)

PS:
I go to 52.2K using Atziri's flask, i haven't checked it but the dmg from Frenzy charges from Blood Rage + Vaal Haste + that flask should be a nice burst of dmg (for 3-4sec lol)

As your tree goes i would take Blunt instrument next:

Devotos is great especially for cyclone because cyclone's dps scales with movement speed

the attack speed from devotos will scale badly because marohi has low base aps, so youre always better off grabbing IPD and flat damage rather than attack speed when using marohi

These 2 unqiues just simply dont go together at all, so oure better off with a good rare helmet OR an Abyssus if you really want to push that dps

As the other gear goes, i would try to find a max flat physical amulet and you could aim to max your chaos resistance as well through gear
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 28, 2015, 4:53:52 AM
Hey Vic~

I just wanted to say I love the build. I was starting to burn out a bit on PoE after a couple other builds (Totem MF culler...yawn...still at lvl 82) and a dual dagger shadow (so squishy it gave me heart attacks to play).

I feel like I've done fairly well for myself given my finances are somewhat limited to what I've earned in about 2 months.

I've managed to accrue the following gear:
Spoiler

(I know the amulet isn't the greatest, but I needed 35% cold res on it at least, and it was the best one i could find that had >60hp and any chaos res that was affordable)

With that set equipped I sit at:
HP: 7,104
Ele resists capped (barely, exact on or 1-3% over at most)
63% chaos res (permanent)
21k dps (will go up some next level thanks to executioner node)

I have 2 rings I swap to when facing ele weakness maps (one has 66hp +37% fire/light res, the other 65 hp and 35% cold res...i pick whichever one i need according to boss of map) that i change for ming's heart.

Thank you for the build and thank you for creating doomsower, without it, I would have had no real attainable sword worth having.

(I got quite lucky with my doomsower, I bought a decent doomsower (414dps) for 6 chaos, spent 63 jewellers to 6socket it, 13 fuses to 5link it and 34 chroms to color it!...quite a fantastic pickup for around an exalt total cost!)

The only real upgrades I can see to my build at this point is buying like a 600+dps 6L sword and those are gonna cost at least 60ex+ and I currently have about 3.

So more or less, the build is finished probably forever.

As a side comments:
I find myself liking CWDT+Molten Shell+Enfeeble more than I ever liked vengeance+curse on hit.
molten shell armor+shield synergises with enfeeble, and it works on ranged mobs and melee mobs.

Again, thank you for the fun, enjoyable and affordable build!

(I was thinking about doing your FirePulser build when the new temporary leagues open up, do you think that would be viable to do or would not having access to pledge of hands hurt too much?)
Last edited by Bloodytrailz on Feb 28, 2015, 11:33:39 PM
how do you guys handle Minara Anemina? she seems to really wreck this build...

besides that, I like the build lvl 66 so far, had no problems with this build so far except that one exile...
and monkeys as they are super annoying especially because of damn herald of ash sets them on fire...
Last edited by azraelb on Mar 2, 2015, 1:39:41 PM
Not only this one. She wrecks a lot of mele builds. If I would encounter her in HC I would skip, on SC she is more or less doable with some deaths involved or not.
As always in POE DPS helps a lot. With 32k I sit now I just dps her for tiny bits of time, run away from her, wait for opportunity when she isn't surrounded by 15 minions.
Last edited by BellXIII on Mar 3, 2015, 4:36:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info