So, we're almost there, but what's next?

We all know that ARPG genre has been thirsting for something new for a very long time, and there hasn't been very much released in the recent years. Now that PoE and D3 are coming close to their release points... there stands a question, will D3 crush an impressive masterpiece of a small company?

Here's an article I just read... interesting points:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/the-curse-of-other-arpgs

What do you guys think? Release timing is everything and I hope GGG gets it right.

Just as a side note: It's a very old article.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 31, 2011, 9:21:04 PM
I DON'T GIVE A S#IT... lol
(Point below, this might fit better in the "Off Topic")
If D3 is as good as this guy in the interview has claimed he could have used a F*cking spellcheck to be taken seriously "we?re" I mean WTF... instead of an apostrophe anywhere they were using question marks... this pisses me off. If these morons are the type of "gamers" that D3 is going to attract I'm better off without it... they built it for WoW players, there wasn't any information in the article that I "HAVEN?T" (are you happy now you non-spellchecking interview jackwagon' lol had to do it) heard or read before...
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
for me as veteran Diablo player I could say Path of Exile has an unique experience out there compare to other titles in the same category/genre..
"
cybrim wrote:
I DON'T GIVE A S#IT... lol

You should give a shit, because if the game does not have enough of a player base, this company will join the ranks of Flagship and other failed ventures.

"

If D3 is as good as this guy in the interview has claimed he could have used a F*cking spellcheck to be taken seriously "we?re" I mean WTF... instead of an apostrophe anywhere they were using question marks... this pisses me off.

It's a forum article, relax.

"

If these morons are the type of "gamers" that D3 is going to attract I'm better off without it... they built it for WoW players, there wasn't any information in the article that I "HAVEN?T" (are you happy now you non-spellchecking interview jackwagon' lol had to do it) heard or read before...

D3 does not look horrible. The graphics are not what I was hoping for and few other things are not looking that great for me, but it's still a good addition to the ARPG world.

Blizzard has it going for them because for over a decade everyone's been sucking D2 dry, and that was a damn good game. Probably one of the best games I've EVER played (personal opinion, don't bash me for it).

GGG has to time it perfectly. I'm in love with POE from what I know about it, and as I've stated countless times, I am not even going to try D3. Why should I spend my time on it when I can have the game I've always wanted D3 to be -- PoE. I just hope it sticks around.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 31, 2011, 11:40:39 PM
I've been a Blizzard fan since Warcraft 1, I've owned every game they've made and played them till my eyeballs bled. Will I buy D3 and play it like I would a virtual reality sim of love-making? Yes.

I'll also be playing PoE though, and since D3 won't be out for, who knows when (early 2012?), my main focus will be PoE. I also think I'll continue playing PoE since it looks a little more mature and gritty than D3, and will obviously have replaybility out the wazoo.

I don't know about the general populace, but I know I'll be playing both :P Along with Space Marine for the 360 :)
"
bkboggy wrote:

GGG has to time it perfectly.

Honestly, we're just going to release it as soon as we're able to. We're not going to sit on it for ages waiting for perfect timing with regard to our competitors, and we're not going to release it before it's ready just to try to get it out faster.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
OMG a developer that actually cares about a game:

This means:

1: He doesn't work for EA.

2: He doesn't work for Blizzard.

3: This isn't a sports or movie title... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

(Joke below)
(Thanks Chris you've touched us all... we will press charges...) lol
"
Chris wrote:
"
bkboggy wrote:

GGG has to time it perfectly.

Honestly, we're just going to release it as soon as we're able to. We're not going to sit on it for ages waiting for perfect timing with regard to our competitors, and we're not going to release it before it's ready just to try to get it out faster.

Well, as any fanboy here (and I use that word in a good way), that's a good thing for us, because you guys are not going to delay it any more than it should be. Hopefully PoE makes a good impression on most, and when D3 does get released most of them will either play both or comeback to PoE after they try out D3.

I just watched 4 parts of Blizzcon and 2 parts of their gameplay trailer at the con.... They have some good things going, but overall... man, I'm just so mad that Blizz is fucking this up. We've been waiting for third Diablo for years (literally!), and what they're giving us maybe a good game... but it's not a Diablo game. PoE looks more like a Diablo game (and I'm saying it in a good way, don't punish me for calling it a "clone") than D3 itself... at this point at least.

"

OMG a developer that actually cares about a game

I'm sure most of devs care about their projects... but how much do they care about the community? Some companies do. Bioware is very active with their community (at least from what I remember). GGG is very active, so far. I looked at Blizz forums, and for every 100 or so threads they have 1 response from Blizz. Yeah.... there's lots of posts, but some of them make good arguments or have important questions. At this point, their forums are just for trollin'. Chris has 564 posts (1.3558 posts per day). That's pretty good in my opinion. I see him respond at least once (sometimes more) every day or two.
Last edited by bkboggy on Aug 1, 2011, 1:44:50 AM
"Like" (Thumbs up Image)

This is towards last post.
Update: So... umm... yeah, with the new D3 news... I don't think GGG has too much to worry about. Now is probably a good time for many of us to go to their forums an advertise this very nice alternative option. I think most of people are going "wtf-spider-space-monkeys is going on?!" and they'll be looking for something better.
Last edited by bkboggy on Aug 1, 2011, 3:57:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info