Increased Defenses from Shield

I made a build around these nodes before, but I wasn't the one personally playing the build. Afaik, these nodes are separate from all other ES nodes (i.e. they aren't affected by other ES nodes).

So, if you have a 600 ES shield, getting 200% increased defenses from shield will get you an additional 1200 ES (1800 ES total) without any other nodes. If you have 100% increased maximum ES, it will be calculated using your shield's original ES, so you will get an additional 600 ES. Together, you will have 2400 ES.

If you invest heavily into these particular nodes, you can make a 750 ES shield give 5000+ ES (when considering regular ES nodes as well) without wearing any other ES gear.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
Say you have a shield that gives 400 ES, and you normally have 200% increased ES.

If you take a node like Phalanx, which gives '20% Increased Defenses from Equipped Shield' - does that mean you get 480 ES from shield, then 200% increased ES (thereby getting 1440 ES total from the shield)
No. "increased" modifiers to the same value (in this case the ES from the shield) are always additve.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
or does it just get added to the increased ES, giving you 1280 ES from the shield?
Yes, for the shield, you have a total of 220% increased ES, which will apply to the base ES of the shield.
Ahhh, that's too bad. Thought I was onto something ridiculously nice haha.

Without a Shav's, now it's a toss-up whether it's worth going for the block nodes or using them for the Void Barrier cluster. Void Barrier gives me about 500 more ES with my current setup, not to mention Evasion, but Block actually gives more EHP... but without instant leech the extra ES improves leech speed, so hmmmmm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info