[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

"
keysikg wrote:
One more question. I have started few days ago, in Warbands. I have just realized how expensive this build is, probably one of the most expensive ones. I am around lvl 60+, but I don't have 50 exalts to drop on full build. Should I gear up in rare gear? And which pieces should I get first from these uniques?

You can easily make it into a "blender" type build with the following:

- take RT all the way
- get 2 good pdps weapons (any)
- Bringer of Rain with dual strike - multistrike - added fire - life gained on hit

pretty cheap and safe set up.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 15, 2015, 8:44:31 PM
With the Fortify Gem added in 2.0 Isn't Fortify a better choice than using Melee Physical Damage now?
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
With the Fortify Gem added in 2.0 Isn't Fortify a better choice than using Melee Physical Damage now?

I have fortify linked to leap slam. All i need is to leap on one mob to activate it and it lasts 5 seconds.

Requiring to leap slam once every 5 seconds is more effective than giving up a big dps gem slot
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Could you tell me which nodes you would continue taking until level 100? (after the 111 skill points)

I need some insight if you wouldn't mind sharing.

After the 111 skill points you recommended, would you bother taking the 10% crit mult 9 o'clock side?
(Next to Disemboweling)

Also, would you bother taking the 20% crit chance nodes above the Assassination node?

Thank you.
I really cant get how you run 4 auras? I can enable only 3 of them.

Also, you are using Hypothermia instead of added fire dmg(in 6L). Why? Iam losing 12k dmg in tooltip without added fire dmg.

Please, when you have time answer this questions ^^

Thanks.
Last edited by Dante_A1ighieri on Jul 16, 2015, 7:43:38 AM
I have more questions and a bit of my own review.

[1] What do you usually run with this character? (Maps/Atziri/Uber/PvP)

I've been doing Atziri runs lately and because the 2.0 patch changed the reduced mana gem,

I do not have increased burning damage with HoA anymore.

Without IBD, the zombies that gather to regenerate the queen's hp don't burn to death.

Running around with recharging quicksilver flasks definitely doesn't work most of the time,

because the spawn locations for the zombies vary.

[2] Do you have any issues with this?

[3] Why is HoT necessary when it does not do much against bosses?

I am glad there is no cast on crit setup anymore,

because that didn't seem to go well with the build.

I'm not really sure if I like Daresso chest anymore at this point because of its weak defense

flaw from losing all endurance charges when hit.

But then again, 2.0 made casting enduring cry manual, so maybe I should try to work around it.

I also switched from snakebite to Maligaro's I actually felt no benefit from Snakebite.

Most of my deaths were from bosses, not from mob packs, unless its reflect, lag, or desync.

Sacrificing that much damage for regen, which you only happens when you have max Frenzy charges,

meaning no taking breaks or chatting in between if you want to keep poisoning for regen.

Maybe if we were in a crowded mob pack that does a lot of damage constantly,

then Snakebite would play its role. Even then, the regen rate is too slow, so no more pros.

I believe focusing on mob packs is not that necessary for powerful crit builds with less room to tank.

It goes against it's main purpose.

This build's main defense is it's offense like you said, so focusing on killing the easy mob packs harder is somewhat overkill at this point.

I would like to build more towards atziri or uber from now on, but I would love to get your insight.

Thanks for the great build.
Another question. How do you not use LGoH? How do you fight bosses? Do you have 2 6L chest?
"
drunkenzeus wrote:
Another question. How do you not use LGoH? How do you fight bosses? Do you have 2 6L chest?

LGoH is quite useless, when you have 6-digit DPS numbers (100k+). You want to hit enemies many times with LGoH, and that wont happen :).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
keysikg wrote:
One more question. I have started few days ago, in Warbands. I have just realized how expensive this build is, probably one of the most expensive ones. I am around lvl 60+, but I don't have 50 exalts to drop on full build. Should I gear up in rare gear? And which pieces should I get first from these uniques?

Do you really need 50 exalts to make this build viable though? Considering that I am still in cruel, I am enjoying the build quite a lot; I plan to try to follow the build as closely as I can even if it is my first char on the warbands league. Dishing out some currency for snakebite+a 4L daresso's defiance+abyssus should at least put you in a good place to keep farming in order to afford a bino and a soul taker, right? Would supporting cyclone with blood magic until you get a soul taker be legit?
You don't need 50ex to make this build effective for endgame maps. It can easily be done in 10ex. It's just that your effectiveness increases hugely the more currency you throw at this build, as with any crit build.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info