[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

"
fiqst wrote:
"
Chalyps wrote:

Is 2% mana leech from tree enough on cyclone and how about miss hits? These I see complicated with cyclone on mana even though takes less mana.

Looking forward for updates for this build, really liked it back in Torment league.

Btw can u change "Rautaisannos" to "Chalyps" on my tree/gear/videos section on ur second post? Changed my account name other day hehe.

Edited.

Not sure how mana-based cyclone will work (not in beta atm). I'll probably buy a $30 pack later and see the beta for myself.

I'm excited for a few things in 2.0:

Discovered in this thread.

Hypothermia.

39% MORE damage to chilled enemies. It seriously puts the Soul Taker back on the map.

Fevered Mind.

I once did a DW CI character, and this new combination of soultaker/fevered mind/hypothermia has me thinking about a new build.

Sorry to say this but fevered mind has been nerfed. Its now a 20-30 roll increased spell damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Hi mate!
U really saved my day in Poe.
Im not that rich but the Soultaker is a must.
Ur probably king against mobs, but at bosses ur weak
U where better off with Romiras and Volls Devotion.
Im not so up for 220k dps, I kill them fast enuff anyway.
I use dual curses and want 3, I almost never die except when to many hits
Ur plan is like my own, kill instant.<<<<<<<<<<<<
Works for me. tried whitout acrobatics, that hurt.
U probabilly tried beta too, Fortify is great but it drawn down ur dps.
But really, do u need 220k dps?
I hate survive mod. But its neccessary for me to lvl.
Im doing around 70k, but I dont die with bosses no more
Daressos is shit, good against random mob but useless against bosses.
"
Jazc wrote:
Hi mate!
U really saved my day in Poe.
Im not that rich but the Soultaker is a must.
Ur probably king against mobs, but at bosses ur weak
U where better off with Romiras and Volls Devotion.
Im not so up for 220k dps, I kill them fast enuff anyway.
I use dual curses and want 3, I almost never die except when to many hits
Ur plan is like my own, kill instant.<<<<<<<<<<<<
Works for me. tried whitout acrobatics, that hurt.
U probabilly tried beta too, Fortify is great but it drawn down ur dps.
But really, do u need 220k dps?
I hate survive mod. But its neccessary for me to lvl.
Im doing around 70k, but I dont die with bosses no more
Daressos is shit, good against random mob but useless against bosses.

Hi, thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like the build.

This build was originally a blender variant and i wanted to keep the soul taker / dual wield / cyclone essence intact, just enhanced with crit and a different defence style.

I think it's clever that you use romira/devotion to generate endurance charges, allowing you to use a better chest, and you're also able to generate endurance charges against bosses, something a Defiance can't do.

My style is to maximise crit performance, i am able to maintain a very high crit chance, which allows me to use coc-ic often, with the daresso feeding charges. I can maintain IC running most of the time.

I think your method of using romira/devotion could work well with my playstyle but i would have to sacrifice a ring slot and an ammy, which are important dps and crit slots for me. Also, power charges are wasted.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jun 19, 2015, 9:01:49 AM
In regards to future refining of the build and beta changes, what about this?

Instead of dual dagger or even axe dagger, sword/dagger. Rapiers get range 7, so your cyclone will be noticeably larger. Plus with the weapon changes in the beta they have a higher base crit and you get some extra crit multiplier on top of that.

Plus you can get some of the sword leech nodes, and Fatal Blade. There's a lot of great sword nodes that are really close to the duelist starting area. Not to mention the mana/hit and mana leech nodes.
IGN: Frazetta
Updated details for 2.0:

In 2.0, cyclone has halved in its mana costs. If there is a way to run a full 6L cyclone on mana then i will most likely drop Soul Taker for a Catalyst. It all dependant on how the build runs with leeching changes. But for now i'll stick with ST.

As for rapier+ST or dual rapiers with fatal blade, thats something i might explore in the future.

With the leeching and enduring cry changes, the Bino and Defiance are now more important than ever.

The aura reservation changes allows us to gain more links to play with. All auras can now fit in the 2x 3L weapons. If the Catalyst is used, then there is another slot again.

Auras used:

Total reservation reduction needed from tree: 12% taken from Charisma

Hatred
HoA prolif
HoI auto curse

total mana reserved: 97%

Chest: GGRRBB

cyclone
MPD
WED
conc eff
phys to light
hypothermia

I'm adding hypothermia instead of added fire because the 39% MORE damage against chilled enemies is too good, it also synergises with Soul Taker and its physical chill effect.

soul taker: GRB

Hatred
Hoa
ele prolif

Bino: BBB

HoI
CoH
AM

Gloves/Boots:

These slots are up to persona taste. Some may choose a cwdt set up, a second cyclone, movement skills, etc. An important consideration is including Fortify in some way.

One of my planned 4L:

WB/LS
Ice golem
Fortify
Vengeance

======================

This is the tree i'm considering:

113 points

There are 2 jewel slots plus 1 within 2 nodes.
2.8% life regen to counteract BR.
3x +30 attribute slots to take if lacking in equipment

there are 2x +1 frenzy charges on the tree for 2 nodes each. 4% more damage and 4% as is great but i'm unsure if they're worth 4 nodes.
"
fiqst wrote:

As for rapier+ST or dual rapiers with fatal blade, thats something i might explore in the future.

======================

This is the tree i'm considering:

113 points

There are 2 jewel slots plus 1 within 2 nodes.
2.8% life regen to counteract BR.
3x +30 attribute slots to take if lacking in equipment

there are 2x +1 frenzy charges on the tree for 2 nodes each. 4% more damage and 4% as is great but i'm unsure if they're worth 4 nodes.

Mark of the Doubting Knight also got a damage buff so that might be worthwhile, at least potentially comparable with Bino's. You miss the regen but you gain block, all res, and twice the global crit implicit. Also it could synergise well with bleed bonuses on the tree. Sure it's more intel, but with that you can also afford to level some of your blue gems, and as you noted there's spots on the tree.

From one of those frenzy charge nodes you also get 4% evasion rating per charge. Depending on the rolls on the rest of your gear that could amount to a fair bit.

The tree I've been experimenting with is similar to yours, (something like this) but I'll need to run the comparison at home. Instead of going up through Sentinel I've been going down, getting Golem's Blood, Blade of Cunning, Bloodless, and am positioned for a lot of other life + endurance bonuses. Plus I can pick up Revelry and/or Essence Sap to help maintain mana. I wish Mana Flows was life/hit and life/kill, with intelligence. That notable feels really dated compared to all the other new mana nodes down there.

I really like what you've got going here, it's similar to my favorite build. I toss in a bit of FlickerStrike & Dual strike depending on the map/content also.

What do you think of the incoming damage buff on Bronn's Lithe? I think this is part of why I'm more fond of going through the tree that way, to make up for less HP. Could also go down through the fortify nodes.
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Jul 1, 2015, 5:57:43 PM
Just throwing my hat in to say thanks for the build. Meta aspects of games like this are always tough, and any build I pick tends to be the least powerful, but I'm doing alright with this one.

I missed a few gear points while leveling, made some lucky trades, and spend currency probably very badly, so I'm trying to get some advice on what might be fixable.

Currently running Soul Taker + Dyadus, though Dyadus is a recent addition and I'm still not sure if it's doing better than the Hyaon's that was in it's place. I never got Bino's to pair with Snakebites, but honestly I'm not sure what it would do here since the regen from poison kills isn't necessary really.

Outside of that, I'm running a Queen of the Forest, because I only just now got a Daresso to test. Still working on linking it.

I'm running tri-Herald, Ash/Ice/Thunder with the CoH Warlord's Mark.

All in all, it's alright, but only managing to cap out at like 18k on the Cyclone in a party, 10k on the tooltip in Hideout.

Not sure what I should look into changing.
Dyadus is actually a terrible weapon for this build. The deal with Dyadus is scaling ele damage but we concentrate on physical damage mostly. The same applies for the Hyaon's Fury.

You underestimate the power of Bino i think, especially in 2.0 with the leech changes.

The other reason why the Bino is used is the crit chance potential of the weapon. A top rolled Bino can have 10.2 critical chance (9.9 in 2.0), which can be easily scaled to become 95% with various modifiers used in the build. Using the 2 weapons you mentioned wastes this potential.

TL;DR

Bino is best for this crit build in 2.0 with leech change.
That makes sense, though it's going to require me to do a bit of tweaking, but I suppose it's better to wait until 2.0 drops and then I can just do the whole thing over.

I'm trying to find the best way to keep constant uptime Endurance charges so I can run the CoDT Immortal Call, and the Romira/Voll seems like the only way I've seen to do it.

Assuming I swapped out for the Bino's and then the Romira/Voll, would it be best to keep the 6L Queen of the Forest? It's Evasion out the ass, but not much else, and I can't think of a chest that would do much for a physical crit build.
Romira/Volls is a good method but you waste a ring and an amulet slot, you also waste power charges.

Daresso's Defiance requires just 3 kills in a row to max your charges. And if you get hit, the cwdt-IC will use those charges before the chest converts them to the onslaught buff.

Whichever method suits you really.

By the way, there's a unique chest coming out in 2.0 called the Kingsguard. It gives 100 life every time you use an endurance charge, this opens up the possibility of a super tanky build if you use Kingsguard-romira-voll and the following attack:

Cyclone
Mpd
Added fire
Conc effect
+
Coc
Discharge

Romira gives PC and expends them on crit.
Volls gives EC and expends them on discharge
Kingsguard gives 100 life per EC.

But it's just a theory.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info