[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

This build is so great I literally never die and clear 75+ maps very quick, only issue I have is allies reflect elemental damage I'm only 84 so that could be the problem haha. When I see people looking for a great build that isn't C.o.C I refer them to this one every time.
I'm levelling a ranger varient of this build and had a quick question: Why are you using Cast on Crit for Immortal Call instead of Cast on Melee Kill? I would think that the synergy between endurance charges on kill and the 100% chance to cast IC with CoMK would make it the superior option.
"
Desert_Elk wrote:
I'm levelling a ranger varient of this build and had a quick question: Why are you using Cast on Crit for Immortal Call instead of Cast on Melee Kill? I would think that the synergy between endurance charges on kill and the 100% chance to cast IC with CoMK would make it the superior option.

Hi, thanks for checking out the build.

I haven't tried CoMK as the trigger and could be a useful alternative, but I have always assumed that it would require the attack connected to it kill the enemy, which is useless against bosses.

It could be more useful to you as you level up, while your crit chance (and CoC lvl) is low. Let us know how effective it is for you. Thanks for the suggestion.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
Hi, thanks for checking out the build.

I haven't tried CoMK as the trigger and could be a useful alternative, but I have always assumed that it would require the attack connected to it kill the enemy, which is useless against bosses.

It could be more useful to you as you level up, while your crit chance (and CoC lvl) is low. Let us know how effective it is for you. Thanks for the suggestion.

You're right that CoMK does require you to kill an enemy to proc spells, but unless I'm understanding your build wrong you have no source of endurance charges other than endurance charges on (mostly melee) kill from DD. Does the base duration of IC without endurance charges really help on prolonged boss fights?

My thinking is that it would be better to use each endurance charge as soon as it's generated instead of risking losing it by being hit (either from reflect or from a mob) while waiting for CoC to trigger. I'm level 40 now, when I hit 65 and spec over into Cyclone I'll do some testing and report back in.
Last edited by Desert_Elk on Feb 18, 2015, 11:07:23 AM
I have a noob question. I seen so many cyclone build in this forum and most of them are use the physical to lightning.
Do you recommend if I need to go with pure physical?
Not a noob question!

Almost all those builds (including this one) used crit damage originally. But that gem was nerfed quite severely. P2L was introduced the same time as the nerf and was the natural replacement.

Going pure physical is fine but suffers from one major problem, physical reflect. Any crit build that does 100k+ phys dps can tell you that it is extremely dangerous and one-shotting oneself was common.

P2L changed this. We now spread the dps across ele and phys. This allowed time to react to reflect and pop flasks and save yourself.

The drawback is the halving of physical damage and therefore halving leech. This build uses blood rage @ 10-13% life leech, so it's not a problem.
"
fiqst wrote:
Not a noob question!

Almost all those builds (including this one) used crit damage originally. But that gem was nerfed quite severely. P2L was introduced the same time as the nerf and was the natural replacement.

Going pure physical is fine but suffers from one major problem, physical reflect. Any crit build that does 100k+ phys dps can tell you that it is extremely dangerous and one-shotting oneself was common.

P2L changed this. We now spread the dps across ele and phys. This allowed time to react to reflect and pop flasks and save yourself.

The drawback is the halving of physical damage and therefore halving leech. This build uses blood rage @ 10-13% life leech, so it's not a problem.

Thanks for the reply :) but It still dangerous in the ele reflect map right? i suppose it is not as risky as pure physical. and its seem to be way cheaper than the pure phys. <<<<< this is from newbies player perspective.
I think you would enjoy Taste of hate flask :)
"
Larenak wrote:

i do :)
"
fiqst wrote:
"
Larenak wrote:

i do :)

:D

And, I'm wondering why is there no passive skill tree for the advanced version of the build ? Having acuity instead of the bino + snake combo should change something about the life regen u have ?
Last edited by Larenak on Feb 20, 2015, 7:26:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info