[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

"
AlphaStrike wrote:
One question.... why dont you use herald of ash??

I am trying it now and the synergy is amazing with the rest of the gems...

Herald of Ash - RM = 17%
Hatred - RM = 42%
Purity of ??? - RM = 28%

87% - Free 25% ele, you could use a ming's for another 20% chaos

and max all resists

With such high crit chance, Hatred will freeze most things as soon as i hit them, the freeze is only a split second, but long enough to kill them and not be damaged.

A frozen mob shatters on death, so 95% of corpses left behind are shattered remnants, this unfortunately renders Ash useless.

You can always use it for the extra 15%.

I favour Grace so i didn't drop it, but your idea can used if you prefer more deeps.

The other way you can run Ash is to sacrifice 4 nodes and go towards Sovereignty in templar sector to get a single 4% mana reservation reduction node, this allows 2x60% + 1x25% buffs (Hatred, Grace and Ash) for 99.5% reservation. But i found sacrificing 4 nodes too much.

Ming's is powerful but 15% health reduction is massive in 1.2, that's 3 nodes of life. The good thing about it is you can run blood rage right off the bat and not worry about life leech in your gear.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
But doesnt 15% fire damage also buff the 20% added fire damage?
IGN: Master_Yi_
"
AlphaStrike wrote:
But doesnt 15% fire damage also buff the 20% added fire damage?

Yep thats true, in my testing i didn't have a quality ash gem. The gem may be very viable.

Could you please test the before and after dps? i will add your testing to the thread.

Last edited by fiqst on Oct 27, 2014, 5:40:01 AM
The scaling is obviously not going to be as high as yours...

But...

84% MR - Haste and Hatred = 101,075
59% MR - Hatred and HoA = 104,302
59% MR - Haste and HoA = 88,100

With either Hatred and HoA or Haste and HoA you can run purity... and because Blood Rage only costs 21 mana you can easily sacrifice resists in your gear... maybe a belt change... I am sure you have the resources and currency to make the moves... I don't =D Which is why I am using Ming's. I also sub in Death Rush ring and cap my chaos resists on lower maps where health isn't that big of a deal. Which gives a little more DPS and a little less tankiness.

So Quality HoA gives roughly 3% more damage and allows you to run purity.

IMO, completely worth.

Edit: Another thing to consider... I believe Weapon Elemental Damage also gives a bonus to HoA.
Last edited by AlphaStrike on Oct 27, 2014, 6:13:48 AM
"
AlphaStrike wrote:
The scaling is obviously not going to be as high as yours...

But...

84% MR - Haste and Hatred = 101,075
59% MR - Hatred and HoA = 104,302
59% MR - Haste and HoA = 88,100

With either Hatred and HoA or Haste and HoA you can run purity... and because Blood Rage only costs 21 mana you can easily sacrifice resists in your gear... maybe a belt change... I am sure you have the resources and currency to make the moves... I don't =D Which is why I am using Ming's. I also sub in Death Rush ring and cap my chaos resists on lower maps where health isn't that big of a deal. Which gives a little more DPS and a little less tankiness.

So Quality HoA gives roughly 3% more damage and allows you to run purity.

IMO, completely worth.

Edit: Another thing to consider... I believe Weapon Elemental Damage also gives a bonus to HoA.

You're absolutely right. The Ash/Hatred combo is powerful and allows a purity or another herald.

If you have 151 int you could run purity of lightning and use a Coil. You max res will be 79%.

This is a good suggestion, thank you.
Thanks for the recognition. I get super analytical when it comes to stuff like this. On the one hand I spend more time tweaking my guy than I do playing. On the other hand it is still really fun.

I don't think I am going to get to the upper echelon of farming until I get another piece or two.

I have

But really need to have a miracle happen and get those gloves.
"
AlphaStrike wrote:
Thanks for the recognition. I get super analytical when it comes to stuff like this. On the one hand I spend more time tweaking my guy than I do playing. On the other hand it is still really fun.

I don't think I am going to get to the upper echelon of farming until I get another piece or two.

I have

But really need to have a miracle happen and get those gloves.

If you want a good alternative to Acuity's, have a look at my other build. I use Bino's and Snakebite to good effect. And i know it can be adapted to this build.

I gain 4k+ life/sec with that combo which is 80% max life/second. If you're willing to be stunted with dps a bit, that's a good option.

Other than that, if you have a keen eye to see reflect mobs, and you don't fumble flasks, Acuity's are more of a luxury than a necessity.

I'd love to see more of your build. Tree, Equipment, dps screens, etc. if you have the time.

My build is a little scrambled right now... there are a few health nodes I don't have and sacrificed some DPS still just to get to the 3400 - 3700 HP range.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAAYB3AOHBLEJWAthFFIUdRX2GNsZLhutG_oj9iSdJOEl3ycvJ-0ppTBUMZ4x-zSTNZI17zrtPT4_m0d-SshMYE2STeNOKlb6WfNbr1ywXz9iWmJ5Y3BlTWebbBZttG5pbqpwcnKpeA15aH69f-OBQYTZhxmQVZJ9k9eVZphvmSubWJtqo4qkGaSsplepbqyqtfK2QbyfvYG-ir6nwA_AGsEEwYvSTdN-0_zUj9i926fcI-Of5FHlz-oY7g7vDu_j8i_3MvtF_Ev-jw==
Hi, i had look at your setup and here are my thoughts:

You have good gear and your dagger is great. But i wouldn't suggest you use any of your jewellery. There is no life in any of those pieces and i would value life over dps.

If you chose about 60 life in each of your belt, amulet and rings you would have an extra 380 life, which is huge.

The tree seems good, although i would choose more life over some of those dps nodes. You did make an odd choice here:

Not sure if your link was wrong but if you chose those 2 mana nodes, drop them for heart of oak beside them. This will boost your life regen to 3.5.

To run blood rage with 3.5 regen, all you need is about 50 chaos resist spread out in your gear.

I can't find Immortal Call in the setup. I suggest dropping the decoy for immortal call with the links cwdt - EC - IC so that it activates in that order, with EC giving you charges to make IC last longer.

I would also replace Warlord's Mark with Assassin's Mark, to boost crits and gain power charges.

On my build i have made a secondary cyclone to deal with reflect. You can use this as a way to cast the curse as well via a cast on crit gem.

The way i would arrange all those gems is like this:

Soul Taker = (RGG) reduced mana - Grace - Hatred
Dagger = (GGG) whirling blades - faster atttacks - blood rage
Abyssus = (RRRR) cwdt - enduring cry - immortal call - increased duration
Gloves = (GGBB) cyclone - cast on crit - assassin's mark - inc AoE

Boots = free for whatever you choose
eg. vaal grace or vaal haste,
or drop hatred or grace and choose herald of ash - ele prolif - increased burning - reduced mana

TL;DR

Choose life over dps. A dps over 60k will still kill most things within half a second but an extra 200-300 health will keep you alive and save you a lot of XP.
I chose Primal spirit to equip my dagger instead of the 30 int node about a screen down which costs an extra dex node.

So the total stat change is :

Path1 : 20str - 20int - 8%mana
1 Free Node for.. life\str\dex\anything

Path2 : 20dex - 30int

Unless you see a better way to get that int.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info