What Discharger should i do? (need advise)

So i saw many disch. builds, but reflect is a big problem for them. Tell me pls what build can handle with that? Do i need uber atziri gloves? i want to make build around mirrored ambusher btw. ^_^
you roll a mjolner discharger build - this is the greatest build i've come around and played. so...much...explosion

/550606 for my personal build of it with some videos including one against reflect (and double reflect). not a big issue.
reflect can still kill you if you just waltz into a 20-30 pack and crit but ya usually not a problem in the least
Burn builds are cheaper, and less prone to reflect deaths than crit builds.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Junkx wrote:
you roll a mjolner discharger build - this is the greatest build i've come around and played. so...much...explosion

/550606 for my personal build of it with some videos including one against reflect (and double reflect). not a big issue.
reflect can still kill you if you just waltz into a 20-30 pack and crit but ya usually not a problem in the least

Thx for sharing :) nice build, but low hp and a bit slow clearing speed) Cool music in video btw :D
i just playing in party so i need something harder and with no problems with reflect
Edit: actually pretty fast map clear, but dont know how its going in full party
Last edited by icexxx on May 10, 2014, 8:56:00 AM
"
icexxx wrote:
Thx for sharing :) nice build, but low hp and a bit slow clearing speed) Cool music in video btw :D
i just playing in party so i need something harder and with no problems with reflect
Edit: actually pretty fast map clear, but dont know how its going in full party

ya i haven't tried it in party yet but i want to in order to test the damage difference. maybe i'll do that today.
the hp is lower because going an evasive take on the build (you don't need to) you need VERY specific uniques to get the stat requirements and such. i basically have as much hp as i'll get, max would probably be 4,400 but that is PLENTY for my build. its really about effective HP and not necessarily the number you see above the red ball.

i have 84.6% chance to avoid all physical dmg, and 62.75% chance to avoid spell damage. im not sure how that calculates to give an effective HP, but if somebody turn my 4,130 hp into an effective hp number with that type of mitigation it would be great.

edit: ya music is two steps from hell, which probably 90% of everybody on any video game knows, lol
Last edited by iRace82 on May 10, 2014, 9:09:15 AM
Mjölner is like 30ex in ambush so unless you can afford that (in which situation you definitely should go that way because it's crazy), I'd definitely go with crit dual dagger. I'm currently running with molten strike + coc + discharge + multistrike + life leech voll's protector and it works like a charm. I added EE because I just needed one item with cold damage to make my molten strike always hit fire + cold = discharge will always hit with -50% lightning res which boosts the damage a lot.

On reflect packs I use 4-link spectral throw + GMP + EK + CoC. Takes a little longer to kill compared to discharge but I can also kite with it which makes things much easier.

Here's my current build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMFfQ5IEZYTnhRNFr8c3B6UJDwmlSepKPoxnjZ7OuE8LTyOQYdGcUk7SVFM_1O4VUtW6lfJWm1d8l76YeJirGNDaj9te3BScFZw1X4zf8aCHoLHgwmFVYfbiEKI8Yw2j_qQG5MnmK2aE52jnaqiAKSRplenXKw_r2y0DLQ4tKO1SLc-uXzAUcHFxYrGrtA51U_WndsL29TcV95344TlGen-6rrwH_Id8kXz6vno-_X8q_4K

Going for elemental adaption currently via celestial walker, I still am not sure if Vaal Pact is worth it. I tried it but I had to respec out of it because it just didn't work for me at least at the time I tried it. I can do 71-72 maps pretty easily @ 73 only because of the burst damage, most bosses take around 2 seconds to kill with ~4ex items.

This pretty much requires surgeon's flasks, but those really aren't that hard to come by.

That's just how I do it, working out very well so far. I tried following somebody's build but I really encourage you to try stuff out, you might be surprised :)
one thing is for sure - you should utilize a cast on hit cast on crit type of build for discharge since that allows you to bypass all of the disadvantages of discharge - mana cost, cast speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info