Skills that make you tanky without reserving resources??

All I can think of is:

Molten Shell + Arctic Armour + Enduring Cry/Warlords Mark and maybe Immortal Call.
~Gender confused~
Arctic Armor doesn't literally reserve resources but it might as well does.
"
Arctic Armor doesn't literally reserve resources but it might as well does.


No, it constantly consumes resources, which is worse than reserving resources.

If you run and drain your mana, then you cannot rely on it. Auras, however, are a guarantee that you have that if you are willing to run with less mana/life.

CWDT + Lightning Warp is amazing.

Anyways, here are some that I know very well:

1. Rejuvenation Totem

2. Leap Slam / Lightning Warp / Whirling Blades

3. Conversion Trap + Multiple Traps

4. Knockback

5. Blind

6. Spell Totem + Summon Skeletons

7. Chance to Flee
Path of Exile Compendium: ALL Mechanics and Information
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242841
arctic armor is probably the single best spell to add tankyness as long as you have the mana regen to support it

molten shell and immortal call being a good choice too

if youre already semi tanky, then you can start using a few rng spells like blind and chance to flee, but I don't see these kinds of spells holding much merit if you're pretty squishy
I have Devouring Totem on my CwDT just because it's free heals.
freeze

until i played semi-decently geared Glacial Hammer i didnt think it was possible to literally avoiding most damage by freezing and shattering its sources

with Three Dragons (that is fun but in my opinion disastrous unique) freezes can be easily obtained by other builds

other than that AA (but the mana cost is crazy high), stun (even non-perma stun reduces incoming damage by significant amount), blind for atacks, Molten Shell (however it is a pita to cast it and if you want it as a defense low lvl will not cut it)
Another note:

Setup 1
CWDT (level 1) + Enduring Cry + Enduring Cry + Enduring Cry


Setup 2
CWDT (Level 8-11) + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration


Note: The only reason you have three Enduring Cry gems with the low level setup is to prevent the cooldown from posing a problem.

With this setup, you'll be immune to all physical damage, besides the initial hit with Immortal Call down.
Path of Exile Compendium: ALL Mechanics and Information
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242841
"
Natharias wrote:
Another note:

Setup 1
CWDT (level 1) + Enduring Cry + Enduring Cry + Enduring Cry


Setup 2
CWDT (Level 8-11) + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration


Note: The only reason you have three Enduring Cry gems with the low level setup is to prevent the cooldown from posing a problem.

With this setup, you'll be immune to all physical damage, besides the initial hit with Immortal Call down.


could you please elaborate? enduring cry - all of them - have one internal cooldown. using more than one is first link is something i do not understand.
using EC in second one also is rather strange, as you shall have enough charges from previous Setup1 procs
"
sidtherat wrote:
enduring cry - all of them - have one internal cooldown. using more than one is first link is something i do not understand.
using EC in second one also is rather strange, as you shall have enough charges from previous Setup1 procs

That's what I was about to ask too.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
Another note:

Setup 1
CWDT (level 1) + Enduring Cry + Enduring Cry + Enduring Cry


Setup 2
CWDT (Level 8-11) + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration


Note: The only reason you have three Enduring Cry gems with the low level setup is to prevent the cooldown from posing a problem.

With this setup, you'll be immune to all physical damage, besides the initial hit with Immortal Call down.


could you please elaborate? enduring cry - all of them - have one internal cooldown. using more than one is first link is something i do not understand.
using EC in second one also is rather strange, as you shall have enough charges from previous Setup1 procs


Oh yeah, my mistake.

Just one Enduring Cry per setup then.

The reason you want one with the higher damage one is a last minute charge in case the previous ECs didn't proc due to a cooldown. This means one more potential charge for Immortal Call's duration.
Path of Exile Compendium: ALL Mechanics and Information
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242841

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info