Anyone else notice the imbalance?

If they can make Kaoms, Shavs, Soul Taker, etc legacy, they sure as hell better not nerf old Crowns, that would be inconsistent with the precident they've already set. On top of that I doubt they would ever do something that dumb. Once they start picking and choosing which items should go legacy, and which one should be retroactive, I honestly believe most of the serious playerbase would walk. That's a good way to instantly lose all respect. GGG is smarter than that, they have always impressed me with their decisions.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Crowns will not be nerfed, don't get your panty's in a twist :').

It's not even at the core of the issue here.
It's the scaling of the weapons (pathetically little to ZERO) vs the modifiers that could OP the crap out of most items.
If they scaled the items to your level better, and LESS requirements on modifiers to get those high damages = more stable builds.
Example: 2 handed weapons (lvl 1 to lvl 68) 20 to 126 dps or 13-22 to 82-123. That's a pathetic joke...seriously. It really should scale 20 to 2,000 dps. A bit LESS dependent on modifiers for uber damage. Same with armor, rings, etc.
Or at least a middle ground for both 20 to 1,000 with mods to get uber damages for example....
Existing issues that GGG repeatedly fails to address = "CRAFTING" (Path of Slot Machine), unoptimized graphics, TRADING SYSTEM (that doesn't involve spamming chat for 24HRS/day). Instead we get = useless vaal gems & microtransactions!
Heres an uber azt wand build

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/799288

Wands are strong contenders for crit builds, ur wand doesn't even have a (local) crit chance mod on it so doesn't really compare correctly.

Having said that I think dagger really made their mark when ST came out. Before, the huge dagger dps builds were melee based, or LT which cut their range DPS down a lot. Now they got ST to do range dmg with a melee weapon.


Daggers are heavily imbalanced.

This can be easily seen from the fact that the highest rolled ambusher has the same dps (without factoring advantages of crit in) as for example the highest rolled 1-hand swords. While swords have meaningless accuracy bonus, daggers got the essential increased crit chance. Also the dagger passive nodes seem way too strong.


Indeed spectral throw is a big part of the problem. I would fix the whole thing with making lmp/gmp gems reducing crit chance and crit multiplier or accuracy significantly. PoE needs an overhaul to the whole low life mechanic/potential (not only in terms of snapshotting) and of course daggers must be brought back in line with other melee weapons like swords, maces and axes.


There is no point in having all this variety in the game when only going one way makes you 5 times as strong as you should be with combining all the abusive overpowered shit there is. New legacy items can't be a solution here either, stuff is too much broken.


Overhauls of blood magic keystone and resolute technique are strongly recommended too in this context! I am not even talking about 2 hand stuff here yet, cause I got no idea how to fix it at this moment. When daggers get back in line, I think the main problems are daggers when talking about weapon bases next to the whole overpowered low life story.


When daggers can get ~550 dps (ambusher) with high crit chance and swords can only get the same without it then there is simply no reason to do anything else than a dagger build. When spectral throw can do anything a pure melee can do while having 1.5 screens range with gmp that can hit and crit whole screens of monsters, there is barely a reason to do anything else than this.
Last edited by LSN on May 10, 2014 2:14 AM
"
wooli wrote:
Heres an uber azt wand build

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/799288

Wands are strong contenders for crit builds, ur wand doesn't even have a (local) crit chance mod on it so doesn't really compare correctly.

Having said that I think dagger really made their mark when ST came out. Before, the huge dagger dps builds were melee based, or LT which cut their range DPS down a lot. Now they got ST to do range dmg with a melee weapon.




That's the wand build I am following, and I was comparing his dps to Fyndel's 700k dps. Skyforth is def strong, I'm just saying that if he switched to dagger he could double his dps.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:

That's the wand build I am following, and I was comparing his dps to Fyndel's 700k dps. Skyforth is def strong, I'm just saying that if he switched to dagger he could double his dps.


If you check out Fyndel build carefully, you will see what he have ~150k DPS on his normal setup, not 700k. 700k is just show off with impractial gems set up and RF to impress such person like you.

Also, fix crit chance on wand you are using.

Also, if Sky swap chain with pierce he get quite like double DPS he have, so its like 280k? And this is REAL DPS, not show off. But chain just clear shit faster, despite tool tip show less DPS, so probably stop wanking on tool tip DPS?

Also, check this out: mace crit build, quite strong as well.

So, there is daggers, wands, maces. Though, daggers are most likely best.

2h shit since you loose defense and do not gain THAT much DPS lol, so yeah some balance required. With 2h you can perma freeze bosses though.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
qquno wrote:
"
trav_dawg wrote:

That's the wand build I am following, and I was comparing his dps to Fyndel's 700k dps. Skyforth is def strong, I'm just saying that if he switched to dagger he could double his dps.


If you check out Fyndel build carefully, you will see what he have ~150k DPS on his normal setup, not 700k. 700k is just show off with impractial gems set up and RF to impress such person like you.

Also, fix crit chance on wand you are using.

Also, if Sky swap chain with pierce he get quite like double DPS he have, so its like 280k? And this is REAL DPS, not show off. But chain just clear shit faster, despite tool tip show less DPS, so probably stop wanking on tool tip DPS?

Also, check this out: mace crit build, quite strong as well.

So, there is daggers, wands, maces. Though, daggers are most likely best.

2h shit since you loose defense and do not gain THAT much DPS lol, so yeah some balance required. With 2h you can perma freeze bosses though.


I wasn't "wanking" on tooltip DPS, and also, it's not as simple as just deciding to "fix" crit chance on wand. I'm about 70-80 eternals in, I know what mods I need next :)

SO to sum up, seems you agree daggers are the best... Interesting...
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
what you dont consider is the currency to craft a decent compared to any other weapon

just sayin
Crafting a dagger, sword, wand, mac, whatever is exactly as difficult as any other. Odds of rolling tyrannical, flaring, emperor's, of destruction, etc are equal between weapon types.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on May 10, 2014 9:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info