[1.2.x] Crit flameblast "The reflect safe oneshotter" cheap to start, fun to play

I would not recommend this build in its current form...

Needs too much optimation.
Better you dont grab the 2 right 8% hp clusters instead at least 1 3x 6/8% hp+mana cluster remove 2 of the crit clusters dont specc the crappy flasc nodes instead ES nodes and then grab a Cloak of defiance with mind over matter

You can facetank normal mobs (70 maps) you also wont die to whitemobs 74 maps until you are brain afk.

"
xX999Xx wrote:
I would not recommend this build in its current form...

Needs too much optimation.
Better you dont grab the 2 right 8% hp clusters instead at least 1 3x 6/8% hp+mana cluster remove 2 of the crit clusters dont specc the crappy flasc nodes instead ES nodes and then grab a Cloak of defiance with mind over matter

You can facetank normal mobs (70 maps) you also wont die to whitemobs 74 maps until you are brain afk.

CRAPPY FLASKS NODES ? These nodes are one of the most underappreciated nodes in the game

They boost all your flasks by 30%

Seethings heals 30% more

Granites gives 3.3k armor and 130% armor (if you roll em 100%) , which means one granite push my armor from 0 to nearly 10k

Quicksilvers go insane fast

If you have the MF flask , it boosts the quant and rarity aswell

ETC...

Also if you despec out of some crit nodes , and then don't use an infernal mantle, it will make the build very unreliable as your critical chance will be way too low. Remember the whole point of the build is to use 1 or 2 stage 1 crit flameblast per pack and then move on, if you have to cast 3-5 to get a crit it makes your clear speed much worse and makes the spec pretty crappy in comparison to more reliable stuff

With my softcore variant of 3.9k hp and 0 armor base I can do the highest maps without dieing , even with some difficult mobs. So I think with more life nodes , and a shield with a good amount of armor, you should be more than fine.

and please please do not underestimate the flasks nodes from witch, they are insanely good
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
Hi Nico, the point with the flask i never saw like you, but you should be right.

But the thing is, you come with ease to about 22% crit and can get more survival. Combine this with MoM from Defiance and...

Also 20% crit already is overkill for whitemobs at lvl 70 Maps on Flameblast stage 1.
2 Whitemobs for sure 1 start to burn and all is dead...
Its not like i am standing there and charge and charge...

Kind regards
Okay, I finally got my hands on an infernal mantle and and nice crit weapon

My crit chance is still only like 30%, kinda low since I have been grabbing life nodes before crit. It's really a pain to play with such low crit because bad luck where you don't crit 3 or 4 times in a row means the mobs get to hit you and usually do a lot of damage. No life leech in this build means that my HP spikes up and down a lot when I get hit. But I'm sure it will get better once I grab some more crit nodes and get into mana regen to sustain AA.

Btw, I want to get my hands on a Voidbringer to see if it is good with this build, seems like the ES would get great for boosting your mana regen and the crit chance is better than maligaro's. Plus the +1 elemental means you can put AA in it or something and have lvl 21 AA
"
xX999Xx wrote:
Hi Nico, the point with the flask i never saw like you, but you should be right.

But the thing is, you come with ease to about 22% crit and can get more survival. Combine this with MoM from Defiance and...

Also 20% crit already is overkill for whitemobs at lvl 70 Maps on Flameblast stage 1.
2 Whitemobs for sure 1 start to burn and all is dead...
Its not like i am standing there and charge and charge...

Kind regards

Try playing the build yourself with 20% crit , I dare you :p

It'll be slow as ass and unreliable as hell , since you want to sidestep 1stage flameblasts to one shot everything

Been playing this in the 2 week league after trying a few other builds. Level 55 and 27% crit and just killed cruel Dominus with this, it took a long time to get that crit. But when it finally did he went down straight away. No armor, 300 ES and 30% block thanks to Tempest Shield. And level 2 AA since I don't have a lot of mana regen yet.

This build makes you grow hair on your chest!
What's a good amount of crit to aim for with this build? I'm currently at 44% chance and I still get bad luck streaks sometime. Got a pair of Voidbringers waiting for me on invasion when the 2 week ends which should push me up to 50% ish, is that enough or should I try to get more on equips or from tree?
"
hatoblue wrote:
What's a good amount of crit to aim for with this build? I'm currently at 44% chance and I still get bad luck streaks sometime. Got a pair of Voidbringers waiting for me on invasion when the 2 week ends which should push me up to 50% ish, is that enough or should I try to get more on equips or from tree?

Around 50% is where it starts to get real nice and pretty reliable so that should be good enough tbh

Last edited by Supernico00 on May 23, 2014, 12:44:47 PM
Okay so I've been playing this build for the past couple days now and holy shit is it ridiculous. Just hit the point where I grabbed a 5L Infernal Mantle and the playstyle is night and day between 30 and 50% crit.

I'm currently sitting at 51.4% crit 581 mult and I just destroy everything at level 66. Anything that touches my prolif instantly dies.

Really reminds me of old burning Discharger, although it could be compared to DD without corpses.

Tooltip avg damage 5154.3

Gear (level 66):

Current tree:

Swapped 2 points from your tree to get 20% spell damage vs 10 int 4% AoE radius, also grabbed 2 30 dex nodes until I can find more somewhere.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVCBVsHYw5IDlwQdBGWEmkUTRccGYUabB8CJDwkqiepLJwtHzbFNtg26TwFPV9BlkSrRX5G10kbSVFSU1VLVa5XK1ptXcZd8m0ZcFJw1XF5c1N-WX_Ggh6DOIdliBuIQouMjDaOZI-mnC2dY52jna6f36IAoqOksacIp1yus6-3tQS2-sBRwFTB89gk2t3bC-Fz42rjhOQi5Y7sVe0g73zvhfId96b8qw==

Future thoughts:

Probably going to stick another Enhance on AA. Most likely won't pick up any more crit on the tree unless I grab a different shield for more mana regen, 50% crit seems like plenty.
Last edited by Smoketreez on May 25, 2014, 2:08:37 PM
I am running a similar build currently in Invasion and I just found this thread. I've been using a Critical Weakness Curse this whole time and using that curse just felt natural. You are using Elemental Weakness however. So, do you have any reason why you prefer Ele Weakness over Crit Weakness?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info