Died on HC help plz with build

i just died today on HC i play as ranger & lost yelow wepons / items in storage

wats the benefit of playing hardcore? i dont get it

and why is this game closed world...

i rage uninstalled and for som reason intalling again now this 5 hours later

Can som1 help me out with ranger build?
Last edited by morrello on Sep 26, 2011, 9:36:39 PM
What level was your ranger?

i have had a lvl 51 die on hardcore before. The items in your stash stay in your stash from hardcore, so make a new hardcore char and your stashed items will be there.

You can continue to play your ranger in default league if you want, and can die there as much as you want.

Hardcore death means your char goes to default leauge.

-Icy
#alphalife
any uh suggestions on ranger build? i just kept pumping dex but saw no apparent diference...

so im asking for a build plz
I have a 37 ranger/Archer.

Best bet is to go for frenzy charges (especially charge gained on enemy death). Then bow/projectile damage.

Put some points into strength to gain health as well. Especially if you are in hardcore.

Then go with say double strike as your main attack, then split arrow as your 'right' attack.

Then, it's just all about getting a powerful bow. For any physical damage spec it's more about gear than anything, which can be the problem.
POE, Diablo III, and Torchlight 2... what, who says I can't enjoy all of them?
well i read stats do nothing...so no wonder wen i pumped dex nothing came from it

so im trying bow duelist like a ranger and i need ability help like that skill tree thing
This is a beta. Not only is it silly to rage because you died, especially in a game where you don't actually die, but you're supposed to be testing. Go create a new build and find out for yourself. Why use a build everyone else has already tested?
ah well il keep trying it then
High stats allow you to use the best equipment and skills so pumping one stat isn't a waste. Either way, the whole system will be changing with 0.9.3.
Forum Sheriff
Last edited by tpapp157 on Sep 26, 2011, 11:54:56 PM
Don't play a ranger yet, even the Dev's have admitted that it's not balanced or viable at higher levels, so they are making big changes to the class in patch 0.9.3 (due in about 2 weeks I believe).

The Witch and the Duelist are both good classes to start with (there are a few guides for these classes already, just use search).

But you need to know, EVERYTHING is going to change with patch 0.9.3, lots of changes are going to be made to the skill tree and the classes.

So if you've got the patience, it might be best to wait for the new patch before you start a new character (I've heard that everything will be wiped with the new patch and we'll all have to start again from scratch anyway).

So try not to get too attached to your characters at this point, cause they'll all be wiped at some point (definitely for open beta).

Best of luck :)
"
morrello wrote:
any uh suggestions on ranger build? i just kept pumping dex but saw no apparent diference...

so im asking for a build plz

Play your ranger as a duelist.

Comparable returns on dex, and much higher returns on str than a ranger means a little less dps but higher str will allow you to equip better armors, and going down the str tree some will give you extra stun duration, health, and you could even work your way to endurance charges or armor bonuses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info