TheForceIsStrong's The Molten Strike's Back Build

"
riseohspirits wrote:
Ok now what I dont get now is why Anger is better with AoF than without. Shouldnt it add the same damage with or without AoF? Thanks again :D

because without AoF Hatred is better.
With AoF Hatred isn't as good as anger since it's value is halved by the node (by 50%).

When I find some time I'll do a large overhaul to the original post to be more clear on things. Basically, the idea is provide options for
a) the gear you have
b) the level you are
c) what you're willing to spend to find the little items that help

That's why I mention you could go avatar of fire (and how to make that work) or not (and how to make that work).

Not going avatar of fire (using hatred) is stronger but requires mana leech on gear. So it can be a little more niche.

Another choice is lightning coil. This makes it even harder to not take avatar of fire since you'll need both high resists and mana leech on gear.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on May 21, 2014, 12:19:54 PM
Large rewrite.
Need to proof read really but spent too much time on this post (while at work hehe). Hopefully I made some thing more clear. Maybe I'll add a FAQ later.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Went up against Residence Dominus and had some trouble on him. I took out grace (just for the fight) for purity of lightning (used different gloves with the right colors) and then put in 2 topaz flasks instead of 1. Made it much easier.

If I had enough resists I would have also considered Saffel's Frame just for that fight.
I think there was a enhanced cast/attack speed mod on the map.

Hoping the 12% block to spells that I'll grab soon will help.

Bazaar and precinct maps went without a hitch. Precinct boss did not last long. She died pretty fast.

Currently level 77.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Vaal Grace looks very nice. Will likely add with vaal haste - incr duration - vaal grace. Just makes sense.

which may mean moving leap slam to gloves and vaal molten shell to boots replacing reduced mana (which isn't needed there).
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on May 27, 2014, 12:25:44 PM
Berek's Grip would be a good option here I think.
that 5% mana leech to shocked enemies with molten strike and three dragons.

Tempest shield with some ability to freeze would be useful for the leech but doubt the damage from that would be enough to freeze much.
-------------------
just thinking out loud here after seeing race rewards for the new season.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
updated my experience a little.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Not sure if I missed it but Screens with your stats would be useful
IGN: Jarengax
"
Jarenga wrote:
Not sure if I missed it but Screens with your stats would be useful

I'll add some now. I did, again, change it up. I modified some of the opening to reflect that. More block and mana reservation.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Can you update your passive skill tree? Those links are dead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info