TheForceIsStrong's The Molten Strike's Back Build

"
TheZorka wrote:
Points on chance to shock without a possbility to do shock dmg and points in minor shield nodes without aiming for strong ones ?

molten strike is fire damage. Three Dragons unique helm lets fire damage shock instead of burn. 20% chance to shock from passive tree works is applied to non-crit attacks as well.
"
TheZorka wrote:
Points on chance to shock without a possbility to do shock dmg and points in minor shield nodes without aiming for strong ones ?

Enemies are shocked constantly. 20% chance with three dragons helm transforming fire from chance to ignite to chance to shock and high attack speed.

Block isnt taken until later 70's at least. Testudo isnt a minor node. Aegis provides nice block and defense. Only 3 passives for 11% block and extra shield defense. Seems darn efficient. If you dont believe that block and defense helps they can be placed in more deeps or there is a little more life that can be grabbed instead. User's choice on that.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on May 18, 2014, 8:11:56 PM
oh another three dragon fire build.

ZzZ
"
TheZorka wrote:
oh another three dragon fire build.

ZzZ

well, to be fair this was made the same time as the initial ones when molten strike was initially released. Not built in the last week.

but thanks for adding to the post count :)
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Hey I'm a new player so whenever I'm reading this guides there's several mechanics I'm not aware of, I'm trying your build out and I don't understand the relation between Avatar of Fire and needing blood magic gem, can you enlighten me? Why after certain point, exactly, I need AoF and BM gem? Thanks
HC only
lol double post sorry
HC only
Last edited by riseohspirits on May 19, 2014, 4:20:53 PM
"
riseohspirits wrote:
Hey I'm a new player so whenever I'm reading this guides there's several mechanics I'm not aware of, I'm trying your build out and I don't understand the relation between Avatar of Fire and needing blood magic gem, can you enlighten me? Why after certain point, exactly, I need AoF and BM gem? Thanks

It's my fault for not being clear. I ammended the build as I leveled up and don't have the best wording for that.

You don't Have to have BM gem when you grab avatar of fire while leveling up. You only need a BM gem when you see you're having issues keeping up with the mana costs.

What I had meant was more towards end game you either run avatar of fire with blood magic gem since the mana cost is too high while using auras and the support gems (and leech on gear won't work) or you can remove avatar of fire and remove blood magic gem IF you have mana leech on gear.

I wanted to leave the 2 options. AoF with BM is easier to run but you do more damage without AoF because you're replacing BM with a gem for dps but it's tougher to get to because you need mana leech on gear and if using lightning coil need tons of lightning resists.

some more info:
Spoiler
Basically, early on you have a couple options to gain life
Before avatar of fire:
-life leech on gear
-life leech passive (2% below lava lash)
-vitality aura
-life gain on hit
any combination of these.

options After Avatar of Fire
-vitality aura
-life gain on hit

I'd recommend molten strike - life gain on hit - weapon elemental damage (you can use added fire damage gem as well) - Blood Magic early on in that order of importance. I did this while running vitality and didn't have any health problems. I also had a wurms molt and that 2% passive. This was all likely overkill and vitality is optional.

The issue you'll eventually see is that it'll get harder to cast off mana. Mana cost increases with leveling the gem. Also, you'll start to use curses. Once you see issues casting off mana You'll want to use that Blood Magic gem.

note: Once you get avatar of fire any leech on gear becomes useless. The passive with life leech 2% is also useless and can be respecced out of. The reason is that molten strike takes 60% of the physical damage and converts to fire. The remaining 40% is physical. Avatar of Fire passive turns that remaining 40% into fire as well. This means the only method to gaining life is through life leech gem, life gain on hit gem or vitality (obviously flasks as well). leech on gear will not work with avatar of fire.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on May 19, 2014, 5:48:12 PM
Thanks for the thorough explanation! One more thing, is the only advantage of running Avatar of Fire that I can get full effect off Increased Weapon Elemental Damage gem? Im close to getting Avatar of Fire in my char but I dont have this gem yet, for example, should I wait till I have the gem?
HC only
Last edited by riseohspirits on May 20, 2014, 3:26:30 AM
"
riseohspirits wrote:
Thanks for the thorough explanation! One more thing, is the only advantage of running Avatar of Fire that I can get full effect off Increased Weapon Elemental Damage gem? Im close to getting Avatar of Fire in my char but I dont have this gem yet, for example, should I wait till I have the gem?

pretty much. That and anger and WED nodes have full effectiveness. I will eventually rewrite the guide since i had edited it a lot while leveling, while learning and discovering better methods. It will be more clear cut then.

In the end anger + avatar of fire was same or better than hatred non avatar of fire with the same gem setup. However, non-avatar of fire can use mana leech on gear so you don't have to have the BM gem (sustaining mana cost is the issue that causes the need for BM gem) so with non AoF and hatred you get an extra gem which ends better.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Ok now what I dont get now is why Anger is better with AoF than without. Shouldnt it add the same damage with or without AoF? Thanks again :D
HC only

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info