litesabr's Original Rainbow Nuke Build

This is the original rainbow nuke build I made in Ambush (previously called thor-fu). All it needed to be the current version was voll's devotion.

(Updated 5/29/2014)

Easy link to my molten strike build:
tinyurl.com/molt-strike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was showcasing this build earlier on my stream at twich.tv/litesabr and the 3 people that saw it were asking if I had a build already made. As I had just finished making it as I wanted, I obviously didn't have a guide yet. So, here is my attempt at making one.

Some things to note about this build.

1) It is NOT cheap. I understand this is not something that a new player can do, but it is something that I have been farming my ass off to try since Mjolner was released.

2) It requires a very high level character to do it. My character is currently level 91. I think that to actually have this build and make it still work, a minimum of about level 89 is required.

3) The gear is very specific and demanding in most of the slots as to what you need.

BUT....there are several upsides as well.

4) VERY HIGH CLEAR SPEED!! (Just cleared a residence including boss kill in about 6 minutes.)

5) Something to show off with that took me weeks of planning to figure out if some of this was even possible.

6) A great and fun way to use the new Mjolner. (Yes, I have heard of someone else trying to do the cyclone + discharge, but that was after I thought of it on my own.)

7) Extremely high armor (15k+) and elemental resists (94/86/86) to make up for having no +block nodes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thor-Fu Items:
(maybe a solaris lorica instead of shav's if you can get away with it)

Beyond these uniques, you also need several items like these that give you lots of str to be able to hold the mjoner.

These rares and the other unmentioned item slots can be swapped out as needed to gain resists and attributes. How you stack these on the different items is up to you. Another option that I decided to forgo is the unique amulet Astramentis at 5 Exalts. I bought my amulet for a mere 3 Chaos instead.

Off-hand weapons are also negotiable. I currently use:

Because of this choice, it only gives me a 3L in order to cast Righteous Fire, but I get +200% damage from the low life when casting RF. The other option I have highly considered is using a Searing Touch, Long Staff. The damage on it will help RF, but also the +2 fire gems will increase the more spell damage added by the RF buff effect.

Thor-Fu Skill Tree:

http://tinyurl.com/Thor-Fu

Most of the tree is dedicated to grabbing regen, +max resists, and aura clusters. The damage from the beginning of the templar area is multiplied by the more spell damage from Righteous Fire and Pain Attunement. Since I use the Inner Force cluster, the spell damage buffs from righteous fire are increased by 21%. This means that my +58% more spell damage is multiplied by 1.21 to become about +70% more.

Thor-Fu Keystones:

(I couldn't figure out if there is a way to link them in here. Until such time I learn it is possible, I will keep them written out.)

Zealot's Oath: Life regeneration applies to energy shield instead of life (based on max ES, not max life)

Iron Reflexes: Converts all evasion rating to armor. Dexterity provides no bonus to evasion rating.

Pain Attunement: 30% more spell damage when on low life

Ghost Reaver: Life leech applies to energy shield instead of life

Resolute Technique: Your hits can't be Evaded. Never deal critical strikes.

Thor-Fu Gems:

Auras: The ones I'm using require 3x 4Link items since I'm currently using 9 auras. They are:

The level 21 purity of fire is not needed as we are not using Alpha's howl, but this is a possible item if desired. I am preferring to get higher ES instead of using it.

Gems in Mjolner:

Gems in Shavronne's Wrappings:

The gems linked to cyclone might seem odd at first glance. This is because cyclone isn't here to be used as the primary DPS, just as a trigger effect. The first and most obvious trigger is the Mjolner light spell cast 50% of the time (which I use Discharge). Even if I don't trigger, I still get a power charge and get the SAME dps from 1 hit as if I got 1 charge and triggered Discharge 100% of the time.

The other trigger is the Curse on Hit which no other build that I know of uses. This is quicker than self-cast and can user higher level than CWDT. I chose Elemental Weakness because it increases the damage from Righteous Fire as well as the cold and lightning of Discharge from frenzy and power charges used. With Elemental Equilibrium, this becomes -114% resist when I use some added fire damage on an item and 20% curse on hit.

Vaal discipline makes you almost invulnerable for it's duration. I use vaal discipline to tank/kill the titty bitch boss in the arena when doing Atziri runs. Vaal molten shell is huge dps, especially in groups and vs fast attackers. It deals 14k per hit and almost insta-jibs the academy boss in about 1 second.

Blood Rage's life degen is based on maximum life per second. Since maximum life is about 1,000, the degen is only about 40 ES per second. While this is multiplied by 1.6 because I have -60 chaos resistance, it still totals only 64 ES per second.

Gems in Redbeak 1:

Gems in Redbeak 2:
Spots to level up other gems (anger / wrath / empower at the moment).

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions about Thor-Fu, please do not hesitate to ask. As for righteous fire and the math behind it, I spent hours planning it out with a good friend, acct: ydrinkcoke
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on Aug 14, 2014, 10:41:30 PM
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgUAAdwCcQSzBS0FWwthEmkUTRccFy8ZhRo4Gmwb-iSqJLAl3ycvJ9Uu_zIJMok1kjbpOuE8BT38QYdE50bXR35N41BQVcZXDVfiWGNZ818_YEthIWVNZp5nvWh0ah5sRnF5cmxyqXTteA15aHrvfNmApIM4hNmE74bRiPGLjIzPj0aQVZHOm6Gdrp_fogCiD6QZpKymV6cIp4SoGKluq8WsqrXytz677byfvorAGsEExFjG2M9l0NDSIdpi4XPi6uOf7DjtIO8O73zwH_Iv8kXz3fZI9zL56PrS_gr-jw==

Here is a life based option. Notice very close to alot of +30 str and int nodes

Only required gear for this is mjolnir and rise of the pheonix shield

Helpful gear: Lightning coil 5L(Cyclone,Faster Attacks, Blood Magic, Life Gained on Hit,Multistrike)

Auras: Purity of Fire, Purity of lightning, Vitality
Oh, yes, life based mjolnir builds are great, and are likely becoming the new FOTM. However, I specifically wanted something that was different, something that wasn't easy. For me, I don't like copying easy cookie cutter builds. Instead, I wanted to stretch what is commonly considered possible, to innovate and combine techniques in ways that others don't commonly use.

I also wanted to prove wrong the misconception that aurabots can't have a high clear speed and are only useful for culling/mf. My previous setup was to use EK with 14k dps (with only 4L, including life leech). I only had to change 7 skill points to get to this Thor-Fu build.
ign crixus_sabr
Last edited by litesabr on May 2, 2014, 1:23:51 PM
Hey man i would like to ask you if you could update the skill tree so it will be so awesome again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info