System Requirements

This is kind of joke... No System Requirements while downloading game or nowhere on main website... First thing a player is doing is checking those and I really had to search whole forums for few answers. That wasn't nice. There should be minimal and recommended requirements on main website, so everyone can see if their PCs will manage to take this game on. I'm using notebook not for gaming purposes, yet sometimes I use it for playing, but if I don't know SystemRequirements I just don't like to try downloading some big-resourceful games.

If not forums, I wouldn't even think of being in Beta or trying this game, someone should make those Requirements easier to access.
"
BakkurenShen wrote:
This is kind of joke... No System Requirements while downloading game or nowhere on main website...

http://www.pathofexile.com/faq#q14

"At the moment, you will need a Graphics Card with Pixel Shader 3.0 or higher, and a CPU that supports SSE2. At least 2GB of RAM is recommended, and older Integrated Graphics Cards will not run well."

I've tried it for a bit on my old laptop (as I'll be leaving the country next month and not bringing my desktop PC with me) and it was playable (ie. 30+ fps most of the time), though it did mean having to settle for mostly low settings - at least when running it in the native 1680x1050 resolution.
That was just testing in the first areas though, I fear that framerate drops could be severe later in the game when you have a ton of flashy effects going on at once from yourself and lots of enemies.

Laptop specs (Asus G1S-A1 - a "gaming laptop" some years ago):
Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.20GHz)
2 GB RAM
Geforce 8600M GT
Running Windows 8 may or may not be helping :), but it doesn't appear to have had any negative performance impact on other games I've tried.
I got a 6 core processor 6 x 3,4 ghz
8 gb ram
xfx hd 6870 black edition video card
runs fine without v sycn i get around 110 fps
Gl & HF may the rng gods be with you.
Hi, newbie here. Saw my friend playing POE on his desktop and I'm still drooling..
Thinking about running it on my laptop compaq cq57 408tu. I don't know if it supports SSE2 or pixel shader 3.0. The ram seems to be bare minimum but I can upgrade that. Not so with the integrated Intel HD graphics.
Please, please tell me I can run POE.
Last edited by arkajit on Feb 24, 2013, 12:27:34 AM
"
arkajit wrote:
Hi, newbie here. Saw my friend playing POE on his desktop and I'm still drooling..
Thinking about running it on my laptop compaq cq57 408tu. I don't know if it supports SSE2 or pixel shader 3.0. The ram seems to be bare minimum but I can upgrade that. Not so with the integrated Intel HD graphics.
Please, please tell me I can run POE.

Wow, that's a close call. If you have free bandwidth (not sure what country you're from), you can only try. Ram will help with the Video, since it's shared memory, but that's still pushing it.

I have a Dell with Intel VC but it's a faster system and the game runs ok, not nearly as good as my PC, but playable. I guess all you can do is try.
I have been searching the internet ( I'm motivated, :) ), I found out that my laptop's cpu is Intel Pentium B960 which supports SSE2, SSE3 and SSE4.1 and SSE4.2 though I don't know what that means. http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_Dual-Core/Intel-Pentium%20Mobile%20B960.html

The Intel HD graphics seems to run at 350-1150Mhz, supports shader model 4.1 and has 6 execution units.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Intel_graphics_processing_units (see 6th gen)

The ram is 2gb which might need an upgrade. We'll see in a few days as I'm away vacationing at my friend's place.

I'm from India, does that mean the Singapore server will be better for me than europe?
bought a laptop 6 months ago. Can run any game almost on max with no lag and PoE runs from 5 to 20 fps in full groups. Skill animations are terribly optimized
Last edited by demogear on Feb 24, 2013, 1:47:48 AM
hey.
i have a laptop, dual core 2.4
3gb ram. integrated videocard.
it runs but i cant really play in groups because fps is really low.
and have the loxest settings on planet earth:(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info