System Requirements

Any one here have any clue as to what the system requirements will be to play this game smoothly on a computer?
ANYONE IN THE ALPHA? PLEASE RESPOND...
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
well if it your p.c runs fine on D1,D2,TQ then it should be fine i think
ACE Member.
Last edited by oORyanOo on Jul 28, 2011, 11:06:45 PM
well it lags a little on TQ
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
The game is made to run on a wide range of computers.
Don't worry about problems with your computer not being good enough. I'm using my 3 year old laptop which has almost no problems (It can overheat sometimes but I have the same problem with other games). The requirements aren't huge at all.

PS:: Sorry if someone posted something similar but I didn't see it.
Second in Command of PoE Clan - The Exiled
www.theexiledclan.org
yea TQ does lag a wee bit on my p.c but is still good so i don't see why PoE would be different because this is a diablo Clone and so was TQ kind of
ACE Member.
Any update on this now that beta is out?

I've got a several year old laptop and between this and a couple other games, what I can afford to play is looking more involved than just the game's sticker price, or lack there of :).

Of course all those with uber gaming rigs are going to be running just fine so perhaps we can skip that. What about those who are feeling a little bit of slowdown when there is a lot going on onscreen? What sort of CPU/RAM/GPU are you running?

Thanks for any info.
From the FAQ

"
14. What are the hardware requirements for Path of Exile?
Path of Exile is designed to run on a huge variety of systems, from an everyday laptop to a top of the line gaming rig. Our detailed art is designed to not only look great, but also reveal additional detail as the resolution is increased to the maximum of 2560x1600. Exact system requirements will be determined closer to release.

So nothing officially declared.
Guess you'll have to wait for the beta member with the worst rig to come forward to find out the minimum system requirements :)
I would imagine it wouldn't take to much work to be well optimized. The engine seems to render fine from what I have seen and the art style seems to accompany a more traditional form where it doesn't seem to have an over exaggerated amount of polygons. I think it is mainly the lighting and the shadows that would stress a old GPU out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info