DPS meter?

Everything has a different statistic... HP/Def/Dam RES... Which is why this would be kind of cool, it should be optional so players like yourself don't have to see it.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
"
cybrim wrote:
Everything has a different statistic... HP/Def/Dam RES... Which is why this would be kind of cool, it should be optional so players like yourself don't have to see it.
Yeah - spot on. Plus, it would be fun to gauge each class's dps vs mobs/boss/players too.

My main thinking in this is how Damage Meter addon for WoW is like, showing you your most powerful moves at the top and a constant stream of numbers, and multiple factors as well, i.e., damage taken, damage resisted/blocked, overall damage done, etc.

How could this work while keeping your hud clear, not sure - maybe it could just be a small tab you could click to expand after each fight or something?

Also it would be nice to see on your character sheet all your damage modifiers and resistances, not only to elements and physical damage, but also vs players (will pvp gear have something similar to Resilience?). This is of course, only if there are these added features, such as crit and haste that you can implement yourself, maybe through gems or what have you. WoW has a very thorough combat system and every player is given vast options of tuning their toons to how they want, but I know this is an arpg, not an mmo - these are all just ideas for shts and giggles :)

I'm mainly bringing up these added stats for the pvp element of course, and the distinction between tuning your gear for one or the other (increased crit for pve vs increased survivability for pvp etc.), since pvp sounds like it will be pretty serious (rated seasons like in WoW, gear rewards etc.). Just thoughts! No matter what the stats, I'll be sure to play this pretty religiously ;)
hnmmm is there a need for dps meter?
this game is something like diablo 2.
with that in mind, most of the time you should be casting spell, avoiding mobs or using skills to evade mobs. before you knew it all of them are dead.

but a log would be nice though.
When you go into town it is nice to talk about your personal achievements with proof like a Character records card anyone can view!
Damage numbers should at least be a toggle option.

I also think average DPS should be displayed in the character sheet. TQ comes to mind.

If a DPS chart existed for parties, that would be cool too.
Yeah, I like the idea of damage numbers, at least with the ability to toggle them.
Happy Days Abound.
Currently, the character sheet lists average dps values for every skill and attack you have. It's pretty convenient.

I'm not a big fan of scrolling/floating numbers. They break the immersion and I associate them more with MMOs than ARPGs.
Forum Sheriff
I would like a tracking system similar to GTA San Andreas, it gave you ALL of the information, just for curiosity sake! I found myself looking through it on several occasions. Statistics are pretty cool... *Is A NERD!*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info