DPS meter?

Will this be implemented? Also, will mobs have their level shown by their names? I'm curious because I was always wondering how badly the damage scaled in D2:LOD. Some classes just can't solo hell baal, while others can nuke him in seconds.

The drawback to dps charts is of course, is the game balanced enough, especially with the PvP elements. WoW is a broken game now since Ghostcrawler wrecked dps/hps when the arena got out of control, and I'd hate to see this beauty get ruined because people QQ at getting facerolled by the witch ;)

And I mean the drawback to dps charts because when you can see the actual numbers, its much more in your face, unlike D2 where you get 1shotted by an assassin's lightning trap at lvl 98 as a smiter (doesn't make sense) but then no one complains since they can't see she just did 22k damage to your 6k hp.

Anyway, Dps charts would be cool but at the same time, aren't needed.
I really disagree with "DPS charts." If players are going to spade their own data out of the game and make player tools for themselves, friends or public then they can do that. I don't want anything official coming out like that though because you'll end up with a game that takes no experimentation, exploration or creativity in character building. And the ARPG genre is all about character building.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
I really disagree with "DPS charts." If players are going to spade their own data out of the game and make player tools for themselves, friends or public then they can do that. I don't want anything official coming out like that though because you'll end up with a game that takes no experimentation, exploration or creativity in character building. And the ARPG genre is all about character building.

I'll disagree with you on that point. Neverwinter Nights was brought up a few threads ago due to it being an incredible game with a superb community. The game is ALL about builds. Yeah, it's an RPG game with dice roll being a huge factor.... but people keep on tweaking their builds using the combat log, making sure that either their crits or the overall dps is perfected.

But, then again, could be just me. Maybe your thought on this is right.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Did I tell you I almost married Neverwinter Nights... Almost, found out she was cheating on me with over half-a-million users...
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
"
cybrim wrote:
Did I tell you I almost married Neverwinter Nights... Almost, found out she was cheating on me with over half-a-million users...

Must've been rough on ya...>.>;
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
I cried for a really long time... it also explained the amount of time people spent on and with her.
"
bkboggy wrote:
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:

I'll disagree with you on that point. Neverwinter Nights was brought up a few threads ago due to it being an incredible game with a superb community. The game is ALL about builds. Yeah, it's an RPG game with dice roll being a huge factor.... but people keep on tweaking their builds using the combat log, making sure that either their crits or the overall dps is perfected.

But, then again, could be just me. Maybe your thought on this is right.

Oh I don't mind there being a log with numbers. The way I interpereted this topic was like a big list of data released for people to use to calculate the best possible builds.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
Ok I'll be serious.

I hope that it would be just a descriptive log like in NWN, explaining the action & number results.
Yeah, kind of what I'm hoping for.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Do you really need a DPS chart? Just count the seconds before everything on the screen is dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info