Farming Maps

Where do you guys farm for maps? Just one zone or multiple zones for when you get bored.
I think that Fellshrine has the best drop-rate still, but I haven't gotten to maps since OB happened.
//go next
Yeah if someone can tell me where they farm maps will be great ! :]
I have no idea at what level the maps start dropping. I know i got my first map off of General Gravicus, in a party with 4-5 other peeps (did drop for me) his area was lvl 62, and being a unique, he can drop items 2 levels higher than himself, so i can testify that lvl 66 maps do drop (at least) from effective level 64. I wonder what the lowest effective level possible is.
Jizzcharging @Anarchy
ImpendingDoomFire @Hardcore
TwoPiecesOfWood @Standard
I'm assuming that Lunaris Temple level 3 has an improved chance to drop maps, in the same vein as the Pyramid used to have an improved drop chance in CB. Don't quote me on that, though.

Rule of thumb, the best place to farm maps is the place where you can kill the most mobs the fastest.
"
0nin wrote:
I'm assuming that Lunaris Temple level 3 has an improved chance to drop maps, in the same vein as the Pyramid used to have an improved drop chance in CB. Don't quote me on that, though.

Rule of thumb, the best place to farm maps is the place where you can kill the most level 60+ mobs the fastest.

ftfy

fellshrine/western forest are great farming spots, but since they're sub-60 their map drops will likely be far less frequent (only magics/rares drop them in fellshrine, and only rares in wf).
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Got most of them at docks (that's due to farming there the most) and then in the maps (obviously).
I had 3 drop in Act 2 while progressing.
Went through Act 3 fully without a map dropping.
Ran the 3 that dropped in Act 2 and got none.
Farmed Solaris, Lunaris and Docks until lvl 70 (from about 66) and never saw a map.
Farmed Catacombs from 70-71 and still never saw a map.

Now what? Well the 3 I got, I got in Act 2. So I went to Fellshrine, where I know 2 of the 3 dropped, but I can't be certain if they were champion/rare drops or if they could drop from trash. So I decided to farm Dread Thicket.

BINGO!!!!

Dread Thicket, getting an average of 1 map every 2 runs.
Casually casual.

Dread Thicket 8 runs = 0 maps
Felshrine 4 runs = 0 maps
Lunaris temple 2 runs = 0 maps
bored...
Yeah my Dread Thicket luck ran out,too.

Right now it's a case of a map from any random area about 1 every 16 hours.

Map runs themselves tend to yield between 0 and 2, but I generally DC in maps and the portals are not there when I relog (solo) so inevitably I end up back to 0 very soon.

Sure this is beta, I'm cool with that. But I think we need to up the world map drops a bit while we have these DC's and crashes that lose the map in progress.

Revert back to the status quo map drops once server stability or portals are fixed. I like the design that maps are rare in the world and less rare inside maps, it works, but not when I lose map progression through DC and crash.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info