Unfair HC Death | Game's Fault!

This game seriously needs improvements before being stable enough for fluent HC play.

I've died a horribly unfair death that caused my Lvl51 with over 50% of his playtime spent on trading for best equip to get extincted from HC-Realm forever :.(
Some idiot in the party had suddenly opened a tp amongst a horde of mobs, where I unfortunately also was running around and I had entered the tp he opened by accident. When the loading screen had appeared, a crash happened 5 seconds later. I then restarted the game-client and found out that my character was and is in default league.

The death happened when the loading screen was visible, as if the loading screen wasn't really loading but just blocking the sight to the game-play. The mobs were probably still attacking me when the loading screen appeared and the game-client didn't disconnect my character from the environment, but rather made a delay big enough to kill me!

There are 2 problems: 1. that such situations may happen at anytime, as you would never know who would open a tp where ever you would have clicked on to walk to while mobs' residence is at same place and 2. there is no 100% death insurance when entering a tp because a character won't leave the area immediately, but perhaps a short time later, and will delay the chance of staying alive!

By summing up: the crash had happened because of the sudden death that happened while I was teleporting to an HC-Realm! The game-client didn't know what to do but only to crash!

By this reason I'll rage quit for a while because of all the time I spent for nothing but for falling victim to instability!

Wish you good luck HC-Struggler.

~R.I.P. Im_Legendary Lvl51~
Why do people that can't handle death (their mistake or server problem) play HC, once again if you can't handle unfair death due to server problem, play SC, if you die fairly, delete your character. If you die due to server problem, ignore it and keep playing.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707 -- Game Mechanics thread, answers to most of your questions.
Server Problem?It ok i can deal with.
Own death by my fault?same shit
Bad portal/zone mechanic that force you to stay in a area instead of giving you unlimited invulnerability until you've reach the other zone?Much harder to deal with.
IGN : DCDTDito
this happened twice to me in one day..
so gay.. GGG needs to sort their shit out
if it was either player mistake or server problem it would b ok, but crappy mechanic is not.
the moment you dc u even get a cute error message.. "you in the wrong league (and you know it)"
wtf? troll more, u suck
in HC u get into sticky situations, and obviously we cant die
so we must rely on our reaction to pot up and move away and if we must we quickly open a tp to town.
And now tps are unreliable? wtf r we meant to do? open a tp up and then just hope we live?
i got 3 HC death so far..
once tp fail, once zoneing fail, once alt+f4 fail

improve the checks to zoneing and increase the grace periods
Teleports aren't intended to save you whenever things get to sticky; what would be the point of playing Hardcore if you can insta-TP back to town whenever you want?

You should always kill any mobs in the immediate vicinity (or pop a decoy totem) before going through a teleport or waypoint. I believe it can take up to 7 seconds to load the town instance and plenty of other people have died this way.

TLDR; QQ! This is your fault, not the developers!
You can also clean the area next to the transition before use it.
I would love for someone to clarify why it makes sense for gameplay to continue to happen while all the player can see is a loading screen.
IGN: Iolar
"
DCDTDito wrote:
Server Problem?It ok i can deal with.
Own death by my fault?same shit
Bad portal/zone mechanic that force you to stay in a area instead of giving you unlimited invulnerability until you've reach the other zone?Much harder to deal with.

Don't train monster to the zone line? Seriously, changing zone isn't supposed to be a good way to stay alive with horde of monster after you. Same with town portal. Sure you can use town portal to save your asses, but don't expect to do it while surrounded.

Cast your portal away, use speed movement boots.

Now entering a "friendly" TP that is surrounded by monster by mistake due to you clicking to that spot at the same time the TP appears is annoying. Maybe a prompt asking if you are sure you want to use that portal when its not made by you can solve that.

Entering a tp on purpose, friendly or not, surrounded by monster and then dying is your own fault and avoidable.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707 -- Game Mechanics thread, answers to most of your questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info