2-Handed LS Templar Badass Build

"
chrisguitar wrote:
The wiki isn't accurate regarding melee damage modifiers here.

At least according to the guys in this thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/65351 who tested it.

It makes sense if you think about it:

The LS-Projectiles are treated as projectiles, just like arrows from a bow (like i said before).

While distributing skillpoints you now have to think about what passives would actually increase arrow damage.
Nodes which explicitly state "added melee damage" wouldn't increase arrow damage and thus won't increase LS-projectile damage.

I agree with you 100%. My question is not which nodes will add optimal damage for LS, but simply that logic says increased weapon dmg nodes means increased LS dmg . That is if LS is scaling off how hard the physical hit is. Any Melee inc dmg node, should inc the dmg of the LS. Maybe not on a projectile basis of course but on the % of the overall hit.

Just trying to get it figured out :P
@ chrisguitar

I have completely figured it all out! Thanks for linking that other thread! It does work
exactly how i thought it did. The more melee dmg nodes, the higher the LS strike will be.

He gave an example of a physical attack hitting for 100 dmg, and did the math from there. With more melee modifiers that 100 could turn into 150/175/200 and the LS will keep scaling off of that. POE Wiki is not broken... in that thread he is using their formula, with projectiles using only 70% of the melee dmg.

The only thing that i think he is wrong about in his thread, is that "elemental damage" nodes do not inc the elemental dmg from LS. "Weapon Elemental Damage" affects weapon based elemental skills like Burning Arrow, Lightning Arrow, Lightning Strike since they are not spells and are weapon based.

-Thanks a lot buddy!
No problem, glad to help ;)

Yes, the LS-strike itself will benefit from melee nodes (reading through the wiki-article again it is actually right, because it is only referring to the strike-damage, excluding the projectiles).

But most dps will come from the projectiles (especially after they are modified by Fork, Pierce or Chain gems) and thus you should try to choose +weapon damage nodes instead.

"
Strangebrew wrote:

The only thing that i think he is wrong about in his thread, is that "elemental damage" nodes do not inc the elemental dmg from LS. "Weapon Elemental Damage" affects weapon based elemental skills like Burning Arrow, Lightning Arrow, Lightning Strike since they are not spells and are weapon based.
-Thanks a lot buddy!

Where does he say that?
Actually he adds elemental modifiers to strike and projectile damage (but only to 50% of it).

@MeanMug: regarding your build: are you sure you want to invest 10 skillpoints only to reach unwavering stance? I would say the elemental resistance nodes near Heart of the Gladiator are a far better defensive choice (they add 45% to all resistances in exchange for 7 skillpoints).
Last edited by chrisguitar on Feb 2, 2013, 12:28:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info