Payment method

Build one yourself. Websites such as newegg.com are your best friend. Can have a very nice rig that will handle most of games out there for around $500 (without monitor). I'm spoiled by the LED TVs and monitors... so... yeah, they're not cheap.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 26, 2011, 2:21:25 PM
Yeah, I am up for a console port... damn I hate buying a PC... every freakin' year the thing you buy has been out dated and will some how find a way to fail you, at least with consoles they are built with a standardized premise of compatability and frequent updates that won't interfere with other parts of the system's core integrity... I really hate windows and I think Macs will eventually get to the point where they still won't be usable for many games...
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
Yeah it's not *too* expensive to get a new PC. Main cost ends up being things like the monitor though. I'm currently trying to decide if I should get a gaming PC some time or just stick with what I have at the moment. This laptop will be able to play PoE for sure, it's just some other games I'm worried about.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
Yeah it's not *too* expensive to get a new PC. Main cost ends up being things like the monitor though. I'm currently trying to decide if I should get a gaming PC some time or just stick with what I have at the moment. This laptop will be able to play PoE for sure, it's just some other games I'm worried about.

My theory is... use it while it works. What's the point of getting that super ultra nice gaming rig, when you can just play on what you have. Unless you're loaded and want impressive graphics on everything you play... myah, wait until what you have goes down. My system was built years ago for around $1,000, and I didn't even build it for gaming. Years later and I still play everything out there (the stuff I played... I haven't tried Crysis 2.. nor will I) on highest settings.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 26, 2011, 6:59:02 PM
I forgot to mention something very important.

Path of Exile is a "free-to-play" online game.

League of Legends is a "free-to-play" online game.

When I try to play/launch League of Legends any time of the day I always get server busy or something, the opportunity to actually play the game is extremely rare.

Will Path of Exile suffer the same fate?

P.S.
I'm from central Europe
Last edited by metamag on Jul 27, 2011, 2:15:37 AM
"

When I try to play/launch League of Legends any time of the day I always get server busy or something, the opportunity to actually play the game is extremely rare.

P.S.
I'm from central Europe

Then you haven't logged in a long time(it is fixed).
Btw it is busy because there are over 4 million players constantly logged in not because you don't pay for something.
You didn't turn out your phone in church?!
It may be God calling.
"
Smradd wrote:
"

P.S.
I'm from central Europe

Btw it is busy because there are over 4 million players constantly logged in not because you don't pay for something.

No, there are not 4 million players logged in constantly. Over the course of a day, 1.4 million players log in. Not all at once. At their peak, there are 500,000 players logged in.
Over a month, 4 million players log in.

The way that I believe GGG is going to handle the servers is different than the way League of Legends is handling servers. Right now, there are servers for entire continents on League of Legends, that's the only choice. There's North America, where all of North America plays and even South America. Then there is EU West and EU East, which includes several countries in each. They just recently split up Europe (which several players bitched about for some reason even though their servers were ALWAYS fucking up because they couldn't handle the load from all of Europe) to improve server stability and I haven't heard anything more about it.

So I imagine you can expect better reliability from GGG.
"
Smradd wrote:
"

P.S.
I'm from central Europe

It's fixed? I was over 9000th yesterday. had to wait over 8 minutes (not a big deal). IGN posted that there are over 10 games created every 1 second on LoL.
Too crowded for my taste, isn't this about the payment method? What happened to that? *IS CONFUSED*
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
The original poster of the thread forgot to mention another inquiry they had, so instead of making another thread they decided to derail their own thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info