Shadow and its passive tree. Low life/atkspeed/crit

Hello, its my passive tree for now

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4FOgV9DkgRlha_HNwoKizhMFQ2QkLDRnFW6l3ycFJwVnDVfll_xoMJhK-H24hCjDaOipAbkyeZV5oTnaOmf6garGauz7GztAy0OLVIuXzAUcHFxczVT9h229Ted9-E44TlGen-647tQfId8-r79fyr_5M=

and i want to make it like this,

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAdwC_gOWBToFfQ5IDq0RlhHVFHUWvxcdGNsZhhv6HNwl3ygqKk0s4TBUMgk0kzZCOu07KD8nQsNDnEZxSshOKlbqV5dbr13yXzlgQWBDY3BsRm49bmluqm-ecFJwVnDVcmx0QXfXeA1-WX8rf8aDCYO9hK-E2YfbiEKMNo6KkBuTJ5krmVeaE5stnaOkGaZ_qBqop6lurEesZqzqrgyuz7GztAy0OLVItfK2Qbl8vYG-ir6nwFHBi8HFwdjFzMpKypDT_NUc1U_With229Td493n3nffhOOE5RnmiOn-6yzrju1B7-PyHfPq-_X8q_-T

3rd act on cruel is pretty hard with this misguided shadow of mine. Does it make sense to keep it going or do i need massive respec? Reave with increased critical chance and multiplier + life leech is hitting pretty nice, but 750hp isnt enough. I am supporting myself with arc, freezing pulse and lightning strike, where pulse is the most important. Additionally I have Haste aura on, CUZ MY GOAL IS SPEED AND CRIT.

I would be grateful for some advices from more experienced players than I am.
Last edited by maciekolo on Apr 16, 2014, 11:06:17 AM
Here is what your first linked build has:

Spoiler
Effective health

 10% increased maximum life

 34% increased maximum energy shield*
* (includes bonus from Intelligence & infused shield where applicable)
Keystones

Passive skill tree breakdown
Health •10% increased maximum Energy Shield
•10% increased maximum Life
Mitigation •2% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding
Damage •190% increased Critical Strike Chance
•160% increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers
•124% increased Physical Damage with Daggers
•80% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
•60% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
•34% increased Attack Speed
•32% increased Cold Damage
•32% increased Spell Damage
•30% increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
•30% increased Elemental Damage
•22% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
•20% increased Accuracy Rating
•20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier with Daggers
•20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
•12% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
•10% increased Movement Speed
•9% increased Cast Speed
•2% increased Attack Speed with Daggers
Other •120 to Intelligence
•90 to Dexterity
•25 Mana Gained on Kill
•20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
•5% chance to Freeze

Here is what your second build has:

Spoiler
Effective health

 16% increased maximum life

 36% increased maximum energy shield*
* (includes bonus from Intelligence & infused shield where applicable)
Keystones

Ondar's Guile Ondar's Guile
Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks

Passive skill tree breakdown
Health •16% increased maximum Life
•12 to maximum Life
•10% increased maximum Energy Shield
Mitigation •52% increased Armour
•50% increased Evasion Rating
•24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
•24% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding
•10% to all Elemental Resistances
Damage •190% increased Critical Strike Chance
•160% increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers
•124% increased Physical Damage with Daggers
•120% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
•87% increased Attack Speed
•80% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
•60% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
•45% increased Melee Physical Damage
•38% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
•32% increased Cold Damage
•32% increased Spell Damage
•30% increased Elemental Damage
•30% increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
•20% increased Accuracy Rating
•20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier with Daggers
•20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
•18% increased Movement Speed
•9% increased Cast Speed
•8% increased Melee Attack Speed
•2% increased Attack Speed with Daggers
Other •250 to Dexterity
•130 to Intelligence
•70 to Strength
•25 Mana Gained on Kill
•20% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
•8% increased maximum Mana
•5% chance to Freeze
•2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range

Here is what builds must have:

1. A minimum of 200% increased life or energy shield. This cannot be mixed, unless you are a seasoned player with very good gear.

2. You should only have less than 200% life/ES if you have TWO or more of the following: Mind Over Matter, 75% block chance, maximum endurance charges (total of 9), or are a summoner.

3. By the end of Merciless, you should have no less than 2,500 life or 3,000 ES. Less means that you should have one of the previously stated exceptions in #2.

4. If you are going for crit, the best thing and only thing you should do is get Cast on Crit. This will allow you unmatched DPS compared to just about any other build, and the reflect damage shouldn't be a problem to a well built character. The reason being that you put out so many attacks that spawn so many spells that the crit multiplier enhances your damage to levels that most other builds can't obtain without sacrificing survivability.

5. If you go for crit, your minimum base crit chance should be 50%, and your minimum chance to hit should be 80%. You have 88% chance to hit and 43% chance to crit, so you're almost there. Most of your crit chance will come from a 8+% crit chance weapon.

6. Grab the three 10% increased flask effect nodes in the Witch starting area. These are the most important in the game. Pick something to sacrifice and get those nodes.

7. Pick life or energy shield and maximize that. It's not wise or easy to have a hybrid life/ES build, unless you know exactly what you're doing and how you'll deal with chaos damage.

8. Get the three 18% resistance nodes in the Scion bottom starting area. That will really help with your resistances and allow you better gear choice, as resistances won't be as required.

9. Get the Clear Mind notable between the Shadow and Witch areas.

Use the search box if you have any trouble finding anything or just post your question(s) here.
Thanks for answer.
Ive never paid attention to resistances, now I know it was bad idea. My problems for now are:
if I die, its mostly because of projectiles, not from a melee attacks - even with my 700+hp. 2nd thing is - I've got long way to pass on a passives tree before I feel improvement. So I thought about choosing another way?
I dont know how to get to 200% increased health which you mentioned.
Next thing, attack gems, how many do I need? I use 1 or 2 for real. I thought about using Cast on crit with Lightning strike. AOE damage would be so nice, on the other hand ability to freeze of freezing pulse helps me a lot in slowing mobs.

I've made some changes, unfortunately life is still low.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4DlgU6BX0OSBGWEiAWvxc-GE0ZhhrZHNwdyiFgIiYmlSgqKNsqTSzhMFQxnjIJNCA1kjXWNkI26DgbOyg_J0CgQsNFCkZxSshN41VLVupYr13yXotgQ2HiZ4BsRm49b55wUnBWcNVybHgNeEl-WX_GguSDCYN8hK-FDofbiEKKr4w2joqQEZAbkc-TJ5lXmhOdo565plemf6bPqAeoGqlurEesZq7PsbO0DLQ4tUi18rl8vrzAUcHFxczKSs_40EfVT9h229Ted9-E3-_jhOQR5Rnp_uss647tQe9O8XbyHfPq9Mb79fyr_o__kw==
"
maciekolo wrote:
Thanks for answer.
Ive never paid attention to resistances, now I know it was bad idea. My problems for now are:
if I die, its mostly because of projectiles, not from a melee attacks - even with my 700+hp. 2nd thing is - I've got long way to pass on a passives tree before I feel improvement. So I thought about choosing another way?
I dont know how to get to 200% increased health which you mentioned.
Next thing, attack gems, how many do I need? I use 1 or 2 for real. I thought about using Cast on crit with Lightning strike. AOE damage would be so nice, on the other hand ability to freeze of freezing pulse helps me a lot in slowing mobs.

I've made some changes, unfortunately life is still low.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4DlgU6BX0OSBGWEiAWvxc-GE0ZhhrZHNwdyiFgIiYmlSgqKNsqTSzhMFQxnjIJNCA1kjXWNkI26DgbOyg_J0CgQsNFCkZxSshN41VLVupYr13yXotgQ2HiZ4BsRm49b55wUnBWcNVybHgNeEl-WX_GguSDCYN8hK-FDofbiEKKr4w2joqQEZAbkc-TJ5lXmhOdo565plemf6bPqAeoGqlurEesZq7PsbO0DLQ4tUi18rl8vrzAUcHFxczKSs_40EfVT9h229Ted9-E3-_jhOQR5Rnp_uss647tQe9O8XbyHfPq9Mb79fyr_o__kw==

This is what you should aim for.

Your new post had 82% increased life, while the one I linked above has 194%. Still very low, but twice as good.

One thing I failed to mention: Unless you are capable and willing of dedicating tons of time and effort, do not plan for more than 100 points. It's hard to get to level 80, especially on your first character. It's taken me about a month to get a character to 75, and I play a few different games while going to school. So keep in mind anything above 80 will be very hard to accomplish.
Thanks for advices.
I'll try to achieve at least 70-80 lvl and then we'll see.
We'll be in touch :)
GREETINGS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info