How effective is + max rezist ?

I am about to kill Piety and I wonder how to use those 2 points. I have maxed rezistances with my marauder 76 % ( +1 % max rezist is from the starting area ).
Elemental Adaptation gives +2 % max rezistances but I am 2 points away from that passive. Is it worth to pick it up or should I put those points to somewhere else ? For example shield block or +8 % hp ? Does it matter if I have 76 % or 78 % at the cost of 2 skill points ?

This is my case
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Apr 16, 2014, 5:27:37 AM
Going from +76% to +78% max resist, you will take 8.3% less elemental damage then you are taking now. It's definetly worth.
IGN: Rosalind_
You could also get more resist from gear, drop Diamond flesh and use that 2 extra points to get EA
Last edited by camapngu133 on Apr 16, 2014, 6:15:11 AM
Farming Piety, i run 79 fire and lighning, and 81 cold. With 4k life and 250+ regen, she's my loot pinata whore.

I'm hoping one day she'll just drop gear, and beg not to be bentover again.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
I fixed it for you...

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwEswUtC2EUTRkuGYUaOBpsG_okqiXfJy8n7TKJNuk9_ECgQT9E50d-UeZT31cNV-JYY1jbWfNfP2BLZU1mnmoeajtuaXKpdO14DXloeu97jHzZhNmE74zPkFWbg565oLSiAKQZpKynhKgYq8WsqqyvtC-0-byfvoq-p8AawQTG2NIh2WHeweNq45_krew47w7wH_Iv8wbz3fZI-tL7qg==
Stormcalling 24/7.
"
I fixed it for you...

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwEswUtC2EUTRkuGYUaOBpsG_okqiXfJy8n7TKJNuk9_ECgQT9E50d-UeZT31cNV-JYY1jbWfNfP2BLZU1mnmoeajtuaXKpdO14DXloeu97jHzZhNmE74zPkFWbg565oLSiAKQZpKynhKgYq8WsqqyvtC-0-byfvoq-p8AawQTG2NIh2WHeweNq45_krew47w7wH_Iv8wbz3fZI-tL7qg==

Thank you very much, but may I know why you sacrificed so much damage nods ?
Also the -20 % dmg from crits is a very good nod.
I ditched the *crappy* damage nodes, and picked up the better ones instead. 10% to melee is a noobie trap, not worth the points. Flask life is useful endgame, and the +1% resist nodes are clutch.

The armor nodes near the start aren't BAD, but they shouldn't be a priority. If your build is done and you've got some spare points, put them there. The 3 nodes near the "blunt instrument" cluster were replaced with the three up by Skull Cracking for additional damage. Also, after looking at it closer, I'd suggest the following modification as well. It saves points that are basically wasted on elemental damage (because Catalyst is the money node and you just skip it altogether) and gives you attack speed instead, with a minor hit to life nodes. Also, I picked up the blood drinker node, because 2% extra is nothing to snuff at.

EDIT: I suppose "born to fight" is probably worth the point as well. *shrugs*
Stormcalling 24/7.
Last edited by Casual_Boops on Apr 16, 2014, 6:15:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info