Need Input On Gear Decision [CoC]

I'm currently running a coc shadow. I'm pretty happy with my setup however it's still a work in progress. That being said I'll just show u my skill tree and gear and tell you my decision I'm having a hard time with.

gear

I can't decide whether I want to stick with my current daggers or swap out for these:

Spoiler

There are so many variables.

1. I would loose about 10% crit chance on one hand. I believe when I tested the other hand stayed around 60%. Currently I believe I'm around 60-63 one hand and 70-73 other hand. This brings me to about 60-63 on both hands I believe.

2. I'd loose a pretty large amount of spell crit chance and some spell dmg.

3. I would gain 40% block

4. I would gain 20% attack speed

5. I'll loose 44% mana regen which is sorta a big deal since I run less than 200 mana. I think if I get a better ammy with higher mana regen and if I had too, lvled my clarity a few more (it's on blood magic) then I could still have enough regen to continue how I currently do with 3 auras.

These are all the factors I've thought of and I'm very torn on which set to go with. I've heard the additional block chance can make a huge difference specially on ele ref packs. I've also been told while discussing this the 10% give or take crit chance on the one hand is more than made up by the 20% speed boost.

I'd just like some experienced players opinions on what you think would be the best action. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by JonnyBrains on Apr 15, 2014, 4:39:38 PM
No one?
Im no professional in a CoC build, but i have seen a few players running with dual ungil's and quite happy with the extra block chance.
Sincei cant say from experience i would test it out and see how well it raises your survivability since thsat would be the main reason for running these claws. sorry i couldn't be of much more help but as i said ive seenpeope run them end game and it work decent enough. good luck and i hope you get some more input.
Why ask Why and start by denying before you have actually tried?
Thanks I hope so too. I figured I'd find a lot of people on here with extensive knowledge on the subject.

The thing about testing them is in order to use them I need to make one RRB and get all the links together on both. The links aren't the issue, however it took me over 80+ chromy to get my RRB combination on my kris. So it's not exactly a cheap thing to do if I end up not even using them.

My survivability is DECENT right now as long as I'm careful. I can accidentally start to unload on a ele ref gang and so long as I nail my flask and get the heck out of there I can survive it. However if they really help that much and it's going to be a big difference (say maybe even ABLE to kill ele ref monsters w/o worrying about droppin' myself) it'd probably be worth it. NOT SURE THOUGH, heh'. That's why I'm inquiring other people's thoughts on the subject.
My dual-ungils build.

75% block is a lot. Damage output is lower than with other daggers, but it's more than enough to faceroll.

Attack block doesn't protect from elemental reflect coming from spells though, so you won't see "a huge difference specially on ele ref packs". No difference at all unless you equip stone of lazhwar or rainbowstride.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Apr 16, 2014, 9:33:15 AM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
My dual-ungils build.

75% block is a lot. Damage output is lower than with other daggers, but it's more than enough to faceroll.

Attack block doesn't protect from elemental reflect coming from spells though, so you won't see "a huge difference specially on ele ref packs". No difference at all unless you equip stone of lazhwar or rainbowstride.

So first things I see when looking over your build that makes me go "HUH?" are these two things.

-and to a lesser extent elemental reflect

-4k+ life

And it leaves me thinking to myself how the hell u have hp that high and ele reflect doesn't insta kill u when u have massive spells going into ele ref. And then I see you don't use a shadow. So this guide really doesn't help me since i can't compare and contrast it to my own build.

That being said I've been trying to change up the gear the last few days and ours practically looks identical for the most part.

my current gear

I have to say I honestly don't understand how you are not running out of mana. Since i changed to these daggers I get over 3 attacks a second and the SB while cheap is still like 23 each. Multiply by 3 which is rounding the attacks per second down it's 69 and even with a very hvy mana regen ammy, some nodes, and clarity running at around hell i don't remember lvl 9-10 (eating my hp with blood magic) I still can't regen them fast enough.

Don't get me wrong it's not a huge issue. I can hold it down for a long time and to refill it takes no more than 1-2 seconds but it's still a pain.

Ele ref and LT is still practically an insta kill at this point and it's driving me f'ing crazy. The more I research and read I see guides with builds almost identical to mine but with WORSE gear saying "oh ya ele ref is no problem for me really." So either these people are full of it or I'm doing something wrong here.

PS: my friend said he had a similar issue with his discharger and vaal pact resolved the whole thing however he had like 6k es, CI, and many other differences so I don't know if that would even relate or help in my situation/build. It would be 7 not really beneficial at all nodes to get there though. Then I would also need the leech for it to even matter which would bring dmg down drastically I'd think because I'd have to remove FP.
Last edited by JonnyBrains on Apr 16, 2014, 8:50:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info