Rolling maps question

Hi,i have question about roling maps.Now i'm playing lv 74 maps(i have 24),i always fully chisel a map and aim about 85+quantity on it,i usually play 85-95q.I played 10 lv 74 maps and i got only two lv 75 maps from it.
Am i doin something wrong or it is just a bad streak?
To get 85q it takes 1 or 2 chaos for me to reroll the map.
Should i aim for more quantity on these maps,like 110+q and spend some more chaos?
Last edited by And1111 on Apr 14, 2014, 2:06:47 PM
"
And1111 wrote:
Hi,i have question about roling maps.Now i'm playing lv 74 maps(i have 24),i always fully chisel a map and aim about 85+quantity on it,i usually play 85-95q.I played 10 lv 74 maps and i got only two lv 75 maps from it.
Am i doin something wrong or it is just a bad streak?
To get 85q it takes 1 or 2 chaos for me to reroll the map.
Should i aim for more quantity on these maps,like 110+q and spend some more chaos?

Nah, maintaining maps requires running lower maps more or less. Also, really no reason to sink to much currency into maps. Chiseling is good, besides that using alts to roll pack size or magic monsters is best. These act as multipliers not only on map drops but experience also. Alching and chaosing is usually more expensive, yields the same results, and makes mapping harder and take longer. If you are running 76+ maps there is of course incentive to alch/chaos for pack/magic and high quantity for a bit more of an edge.
More opinions?
I'm just now doing maybe 73s(?) so I could use map tips, too.

btw, remember you can put a dusk + dawn in there and get +10%
I was alch/chaosing my 70+ but maybe I should stick to alts?

if you don't mod it with animals, sea witches, or w/e do you get the same monsters in each map type?
I haven't done too may dupes yet

edit: there's a cool map management thread around here somewhere I should dig up
maybe this was it
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977
Last edited by EomMage on Apr 16, 2014, 10:43:52 PM
From my previous experiences with rolling maps,i can tell that more magic,more rare and packsize mods mean nothing without big quantity roll on maps.
I tried just transmute/alt my maps to get these mods,but i have never got any higher lv maps from these.
Now i'm sticking with chiseling maps and then alch/chaos them to get 90+quantity.
I had some bad streaks,but overall,i'm doing fine.
Also,i just need 1-2 chaos to reroll them for that quantity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info