Get Ya Thinking Caps On! Need a Build Idea (Gear Inside)

Hiya peeps - I've been running a MF summoner in Ambush and have some currency and some items.

Looking for ideas on a build. Any class, any spec. Not looking for a guide, just some cool ideas for me to build on.

Some of the gear I have:

Spoiler

Got 2 ex pure, about 30 chaos and some other random orbs.

Any ideas?
SATOR
AREPO
TENET
OPERA
ROTAS
Only thing I can think of is a Cast on Crit build due to Quill Rain, but you don't have a 5+ link.
A bunch of junk uniques arn't going to help you pick a build. You should do what sounds fun. I just started lvling an alt in invasion (@43 or so). Since cleave was just buffed i decided to go blender. I had forgotten how fun cleave+multi-strike was. If your interested youtube should have plenty of blender videos to check out. Does it blend? Yes, everything in poe blends.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
A bunch of junk uniques arn't going to help you pick a build...

Well that's pretty unhelpful.

I have the gear I have. Why would I pick a build that I don't have gear for??

CoC does sound like the way to go... The Quillrain is a high ilevel so I could 5 link it pretty easily.

Any groovy spells I can use on crit?
SATOR
AREPO
TENET
OPERA
ROTAS
"
AnimalChin wrote:
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
A bunch of junk uniques arn't going to help you pick a build...

Well that's pretty unhelpful.

I have the gear I have. Why would I pick a build that I don't have gear for??

CoC does sound like the way to go... The Quillrain is a high ilevel so I could 5 link it pretty easily.

Any groovy spells I can use on crit?

Tabula Rasa.

Because of that, you get a full 6L and it allows you to use any mixture of gems. I'll post my CoC char's stuff to give you an idea of what I'm doing.

Spoiler

Disregard the gems, as the gear is used across multiple characters.

The prime advantage of my build is an easy max block due to the two Ungil's Gauche and the nodes by the Duelist. The disadvantage is that it requires melee in order to really shine. Therefor, I use cyclone since it has a good amount of attacks and prevents stun while being used.

Cyclone + Life Gain on Hit + Cast on Crit + Detonate Dead + Arc + Ethereal Knives.

Detonate Dead does a huge amount of damage from the base 150% crit multiplier and when Arc shocks. EK does steady damage to rares and uniques as needed. Detonate Dead can be exchanged with another skill for additional damage against tougher enemies.

Romira's Banquet allows for quick power charge acquisition without the requirement of a Power Charge on Critical support or the Voll's Protector. This allows the use of more damage gems and the versatility of the Tabula Rasa. Once I can get 50+% crit chance without power charges, I'll be changing this out for another Perandus Signet.

The rest of the gear and gem is all about survivability or enabling. For instance, I have to use Wanderlust not only for the mana but to prevent freeze as I'm reliant on LGoH. I'd take Icetomb over Voll's Protector due to the immunity to chill, making me more survivable.

The reason why I don't use Spectral Throw should be obvious. ST requires either LMP or GMP to be worthwhile, and that leaves only two slots for damage, and only one if I use PCoC. This makes cyclone many times better, as it frees up a gem slot for you.

On the last note, it's not just what damaging gems you should use it's also about what attack gem you should use. Cyclone is the weakest overall, as it requires you to be hit by all enemies. ST can shotgun enemies, allowing many times more hits on all targets. It's mostly about preference, as clearing speed difference between versions won't be that different.
Thanks for that reply, very interesting.

I now see how important a 6L is for CoC builds.

I have this sword which I could craft up with some IAS:

I'm not sure that would give me enough attack speed and probably no crit.

Looking around the skill tree there are a lot of dagger/crit nodes.

Is a 6L chest and dagger the best way to go with CoC?
SATOR
AREPO
TENET
OPERA
ROTAS
"
AnimalChin wrote:
Thanks for that reply, very interesting.

I now see how important a 6L is for CoC builds.

I have this sword which I could craft up with some IAS:

I'm not sure that would give me enough attack speed and probably no crit.

Looking around the skill tree there are a lot of dagger/crit nodes.

Is a 6L chest and dagger the best way to go with CoC?

CoC usually means you sacrifice survivability. My character only has about 180% life from the tree at level 80, and is only level 65 now with ~1,600 life. The only reason she doesn't die is due to max block from dual Ungil's and MoM.

I'd avoid the sword, as it prevents any form of block. Using a dagger will result in much higher attack speed and a Crest of Perandus for easy 40% block.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info