Blunt Trauma Node

I want to use glacial cascade with a staff, and I want the skill to crit. A staff is a two-handed melee weapon, but glacial cascade is a spell. Does my crit chance with glacial cascade benefit from this node?

Thanks,
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
this passive affects critical strike with weapons, glacial cascade is a spell, so the answer is no
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
this passive affects critical strike with weapons, glacial cascade is a spell, so the answer is no

Does it matter that Glacial Cascase has physical damage? I feel that these nodes are barely used, lol.
its a spell that deals physical damage. Spells dont utilize your waapon stats in any way, they have their own damage scaling and base crit chance
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 13, 2014, 6:44:05 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
its a spell that deals physical damage. Spells dont utilize your waapon stats in any way, they have their own damage scaling and base crit chance

So this staff... the critical strike (8.64%) listed does not affect my spell in any way shape or form???

The only crit chance I'm augmenting is the crit chance listed on the gem???

Ugh.
Last edited by Catchafire2000 on Apr 13, 2014, 10:14:04 PM
"
"
Ludvator wrote:

So this staff... the critical strike (8.64%) listed does not affect my spell in any way shape or form???

Ugh.

Daggers can roll Spell Crit. Some of them also has Global Crit chance implicit.
"

Ugh.

Exactly, attack skills (those that use weapon damage) also use base crit of your weapon, everything else has its own base crit.

A good example is using infernal blow with that staff, initial attack would use staff crit chance because it does weapon damage, and corpse explosions would have their own crit chance because they don't. Initial hits are 'attack' type, detonations are 'secondary damage' type.

Here's an extra, any damage chunk in the game can be only one of those basic four types
- attack
- spell
- secondary damage
- damage over time
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
This kind of blows, but whatever. No pun intended. I really want to take advantage of critting with staff/glacial cascade, but it looks like I'm making a yolo build for Ambush that isn't at all viable for Invasion league.
Boooo, change the wording! :(
Perception is reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info