Zealot's Oath-Vitality(BM)-Pain Attunement-AoE-Templar (HELP)

What a title! :D
But I think I managed to cover everything in it!

I had the following idea (inspirated by some other forum posts):

I wanted to create a Templar who uses ES and Armor as defensensive stats and relies on the combination of Zealot's Oath + Vitality Aura (supported by Bloodmagic support gem).

This way he has lots of ES regeneration and he is constantly on low life (maybe adding some additional auras, to make him low life). This leads to the next Keystone Passive:

Pain Attunement --> since he is low life now, this is his damage booster!

Furthermore I tried to grab as many Life, Life regeneration, ES boosters, and AoE (thought about using Ice Nova or sth.) and Resistance nodes as possible. I also added Ghost Reaver, but I'm not completely sure about this yet...

Here a ordered list:

- Zealot's Oath + Vitality (BM)
- Pain Attunement
- Life, Life regeneration
- Energy shield, ES from Shield
- AoE
- Resistances
- (Ghost Reaver)

Now, since I cannot play that much, I just wanted to know, what you guys think of the build before i start wasting hours with it. :D

Oh, if you could give me some advices concerning gear and spells, that would be great! I only know, that I need a good shield ;) I'm not sure about which weapon type to use yet...

So, Thanks for reading,
Hopefully you can help me :)

Yours,

Meerkatz13

Edit: totally forgot to post the link :
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBogAUTQSzAnGBb548TdiMdjrY7DgaOKeEkFXAGmaecU2az0NjtzFY9Z3E-tL3wTbp42odFI9Gpwi4k-vuKPqVIEZxtAyTJxzcf8bBxewYj_p718Ntp1xJUUw144LnC96wqZVwfU99gFYaMlFgoqPB8_F2bRk74eL3pyuLekk62-dHBl9q0NDPZVXGBVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM44XPtIEbXWfOsqiftGS7Uj7nd8i_vDudSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtgtH4-mUlM9X5eVl_Q=
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

Last edited by meerkatz13 on Jan 31, 2013, 5:57:59 PM
How do you deal with Chaos Damage going through ES?
I tried to cover that with Resistances from the passive tree aswell as from gear. Don't you think that would work?

Good question by the way, since there is no life regeneration anymore.... hm

Oh, and maybe Resistance Flasks! ;)

Last edited by meerkatz13 on Jan 31, 2013, 11:55:44 AM
Yeah, but Elemental Resistance =/= Chaos Resistance.. this is why it's normally a problem for any Low life build.

If I recall, you'd normally pump ES and life/regen, and let regen apply to life instead of ES exclusively for chaos damage. Vaal pact is also a way to prevent chaos deaths..
But I'm too tired atm to figure out how that would work with your build :/

Also, AoE has an inherent weakness that single target dps is.. bad. Mostly due to inability to apply status effects to bosses because bad damage/health ratio.
I am aware of the fact that elemental resists don't include chaos damage.
Therefore I skilled to passive points gainst it. Furthermore I would use gear with chaos resist.

You're probably right with what you say about AoE damage. Maybe I should change the build a little bit to get rid of these not-so-well things.
I'll post it, when I am done with it.

Thank you for your advice :)

Your passive layout wastes a lot of points. Check the fire and ice Templar thread for some good ideas.
Thank you Nodrak! I'll definitely do that! ;)
Didn't know that a wasted so much, guess I'm rather a newb concerning end-game builds yet.

Thank you guys for help :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info