Spork Totem Build and Equipment, General Help

So I made a "traditional" dual Spork build thinking that it'd be an excellent first build because it's not too item-dependent and the gems are somewhat easy to come by. Then, grouping up with others for Cruel Dock runs I ran into an RoA Archer with ~950 dps and I felt quite deflated.

I know I can't "have it all" but I still must say I'm a little disappointed with how it's been. I think part of the problem might be in my build. I went super offensive (hardly no defensive nodes) and took minion nodes with the hopes that I could just use the minions as a buffer to annihilate everything before they could touch me.

All-and-all I can survive and farm somewhat easily around my level but it's slower-going than I thought it would be. I have to be super careful when moving - e.g. throwing up skellies at the edge of the screen to attract aggro and throw down totems right behind them.

My DPS is also WAY lower than I expected(~100 at lvl 53?). Am I doing it wrong?

Any help would be great, Thanks!!

My Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsMfRB_EJcUTRSwGYUabCSqKpgspzLRNsU26TowRARFR0bXSOdNuVnzWitdxmBtZp5nvX1TgpuDOIhAi4yOZI9GkDOboZ2AogCj8qaspwismLUEtoa2-riTwBrGnsy3zLzQ0NV12CTZC9rd3fPhc-Nq5CLtIO5v8s706fem99f6gPrS

Equipment is focused on Item rarity for farming while leveling. NOTE: on my chest I have item rarity currently for farming but when I substitute faster casting or Lightning Penitration, DPS only goes up from 100 to 130 or so.:
Spoiler
Head:

Chest:

Gloves:

Boots:

MainHand:

OffHand:

Belt:

Rings/Amulet:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type