I have two Exalts. How can I get the most mileage out of em?

"
vulcanfury12 wrote:
"
cantilever wrote:
Hoarding is one of the features many of us enjoy from this kind of game.

Is there an unique that would be a major upgrade? Maybe you can work towards one of the expensive items that maybe help you through high lvl maps

I had to get rid of the packrat mentality to play properly. I had to lose my emotional attachment to uniques, so that I can play more smoothly.

Found another exalt, this time on a blue Reef Map.

Well, the only upgrade for me right now would be a 6L chest, so I can go ahead and switch to Abyssus/Alpha's Howl.

Yeah I still like to keep at least one of every unique, even if it's not any good. Pretty much for the exact reason you mention. I was given some points as a gift and used them to buy stash tabs. I agree you have to play the differently based on how many stash tabs you have. More is nice to have, but you seem to be doing well without the extras.

Congrats on the exalt find btw!

What about rerolling characters? Or are you more of building up one guy as far as you can? I tend to get bored around 70-80 and reroll around that time. Large part due to not having much currency or upgraded gear. This season may be different though as I just started doing boss runs and already have more wealth than at the end of the last league.
Peep
"
vulcanfury12 wrote:
"
rarylith wrote:
I dunno where you got the non-max resist, but they're overstacked atm.

I added all resist i could see on the stuff you showed us in your first post and it showed 113 fire and 129 lightning resistance.. perhaps i didn't do it right or there's thing i didn't take into account like kaytlin quest in normal or that you've changed other part of your stuff.

And since you need 135 resist to be at 75 in merciless.. my conclusion was that you weren't maxed.
lol. Quite the wisdom scroll trolling.

In regards to mileage: How far do you want to get? Level? End game maps?

Either one you decide on, it will remain a fact that some form of wealth will be required. Getting to level 80 is easy. The problem is being well rounded enough to effectively kill and survive higher end maps without dying too often.

"What" to spend your exalt on really shouldn't be a target at the moment IMO. I would save it and see what modifications I would be looking for to get some major upgrades or ideas like switching off BOR to some high end Helm in addition to a 6-link chest piece thus gaining higher armor, bonus resists, and extra health without sacrificing the original dps experience or even improving it significantly.

Having 75-90 max resists isn't enough if you're not overshooting significantly vs various bosses as they have penetration on top of the straight damage type. That prior statement is based on my personal experiences fighting bosses like piety in lunaris with <130 light resists I take moderate damage, not counting cover from life leech or regen. Looking at it from various builds standpoint. Then going into map runs to fight piety there is suicidal and will probably result in a 1-shot kill (lets say 2-3k hp) with less than 150 light res overshoot, especially for melee as you're point blank on all nukes. All what was stated was based on having 75 active max then the overshoot.

Take into consideration I skipped most messages as I kept seeing wisdom scroll arguments if this seems repetitive.

Good luck
"
rarylith wrote:
"
vulcanfury12 wrote:
"
rarylith wrote:
I dunno where you got the non-max resist, but they're overstacked atm.

I added all resist i could see on the stuff you showed us in your first post and it showed 113 fire and 129 lightning resistance.. perhaps i didn't do it right or there's thing i didn't take into account like kaytlin quest in normal or that you've changed other part of your stuff.

And since you need 135 resist to be at 75 in merciless.. my conclusion was that you weren't maxed.

I must be in the minority that actually gets resist nodes then, lol. I think I have 48 ele resists from the tree alone, which gives me much room for other gear without worrying about resists too much. I'd love a trires, life shield with a higher block chance tho, but currently, I'm already at 62% block with BoR.
Funny how after I posted this thread, I found an additional two exalts (I now have 3 in stock).

Should I just take advantage of the exchange rate and gather as much chaos orbs as I can?
I never really packed or hoarded.
As for the exalts,what i usually do is depending on my build (which usually is heavy physical melee) i save up for above averedge end-game weapon,and trade rest of the currency to chaoses and start browsing for neck rings chest gloves e.t.c.

Basically the idea is that the very top end stuff costs 100s of exalts no matter what build your going for,so your main priority is to get your character geared good enough to handle mid/high lvl maps,and for that mid-range end game gear should more than suffice,after that you can do as you please,keep on going step by step,or save up for a BiS item.
I personally have never bothered with the very top-end gear where a single item can cost between 20-80 exalts,i don't see the point in it unless i get very lucky and get something of equal worthy and can trade it in.
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info