incandesent heart saintly mail+CI=invincible

"
tackle70 wrote:
"
While it could definitely be beaten by a ~700 or so es chest

This is the problem. 700 ES chests are not difficult to acquire, and if you can afford a 6L IH, you can easily afford a ~700 ES chest. The chroms are indeed easier to roll, but not that difficult. Rolling RRRGBB on a Vaal Regalia with Vorici 1R has an expected average chrom cost of well under 500 chroms.

So again, this chest isn't just beaten by BiS rares. It's beaten by extremely average CI ES chests. And that's why it's useless.

If you wanted to roll five or six off colors, then it might have more value, as that's expensive. But 4-off isn't very tough to roll on a pure INT chest.

It's not a CI chest as the mods on it suggest. I'm using it on my flicker (flicker could be any attack) as a way to get "2 life pools" mitigation.

I use Ghost Reaver to generate ES and Bino's to regenerate life.

The fact that you can use ES and life easily allows you to put on Ming's Heart and still have good life+es pool (I got 3311 life, 1550 es = total 4,861 with level 16 discipline and basically no es on shield since using a high resistance one). Capping chaos resi also completely mitigates running bloodrage on life. There's plenty of room to improve the ES and life (I think like 3,5k/3,5k) would be totally doable.

For such build, Incadescent is pretty much BiS. It makes use of all of its affixes (minus the armor but having some armor never hurts). I know a CI flicker could get 7k es pretty easy but it wouldn't be as fun would it now (+ I don't have to give 2 shits about stun immunity and the usual CI stuff)?
There is an unkillable build out there that uses Immortal Call, Endurance charges, armor rating, Incandescent Heart, triple purities and some other shit.

I am surprised GGG has not nerfed it yet.
Also, I love Grughal's take on how to effectively deal with that 25% Ele to Chaos. Dual-life pools (essentially) is an interesting way to look at it. However, you'd probably get insta-rekt by a big hit of chaos but luckily those don't exist yet.

Act 4, Ho!
Last edited by Trollenstein on Mar 3, 2015, 3:28:20 PM
"
Trollenstein wrote:
There is an unkillable build out there that uses Immortal Call, Endurance charges, armor rating, Incandescent Heart, triple purities and some other shit.

> unkillable

The closest thing I've seen to an unkillable build is that triple purity high armor max block/spell block build that can tank the split form of uber atziri.

It... can't clear the hall of grandmasters because of block penetration (among other potential concerns), or win in PvP in general.

And with the block nerfs recently, I believe in order to maintain its invincibility it has sacrificed even more DPS (and it wasn't a high-DPS build in the first place), so preventing atziri from fully healing in her healing phase seems impossible for it....

All things considered, it seems pretty balanced.

If you know of an equally indestructible build that can actually do enough damage to uber atziri to literally ever kill her, please do link me to it!
"
"
Trollenstein wrote:

> unkillable

The closest thing I've seen to an unkillable build is that triple purity high armor max block/spell block build that can tank the split form of uber atziri.

It... can't clear the hall of grandmasters because of block penetration (among other potential concerns), or win in PvP in general.

And with the block nerfs recently, I believe in order to maintain its invincibility it has sacrificed even more DPS (and it wasn't a high-DPS build in the first place), so preventing atziri from fully healing in her healing phase seems impossible for it....

If you know of an equally indestructible build that can actually do enough damage to uber atziri to literally ever kill her, please do link me to it!

Pvp and pvm are completely different. You even mentioned a key difference between them.

There's a large difference between dodge/evasion/block and just pure mitigation as well. Unkillable does not necessarily mean unhittable.

As for the build,.. There are variations. A quite literally unkillable build will have issues with Uber for 2 reasons: Adds/damage, being overly-broad in terms of defenses. You do not need what a build like that would provide you with for the Alluring Abyss. Nor would you want to sack that much damage and be screwed on the regen/adds form of Atziri.

Not sure why you would even want that sort of build for AA when you're already able to do the instance with many other builds perfectly fine.
"
Grughal wrote:

It's not a CI chest as the mods on it suggest.

Which is basically all I've said in this thread. If you'd go take a look at the OP, the on topic discussion in this thread has always been about IH as a CI chest, for which it is a bad option.

It's great if you find a niche build for which this chest works well, but many of the arguments in this topic have been the merits of this chest for CI, and I think this chest is poop for CI.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 3, 2015, 5:13:15 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

It's not a CI chest as the mods on it suggest.

Which is basically all I've said in this thread. If you'd go take a look at the OP, the on topic discussion in this thread has always been about IH as a CI chest, for which it is a bad option.

It's great if you find a niche build for which this chest works well, but many of the arguments in this topic have been the merits of this chest for CI, and I think this chest is poop for CI.

Well, didn't read that much in between the lines. You never really said it's not a CI chest, just that it's beaten by average chests for CI which could mean that you think it's just generally a really bad chest.

Anyway, I totally agree. Not a CI chest and it should have a little more something to boost its use for the niche builds imo. Turning the life leech into life on hit would already do a lot, since the ele -> chaos conversion suggests capping chaos resi and thus running blood rage which already provides plenty of leech.
"
Trollenstein wrote:
"
"
Trollenstein wrote:

> unkillable

Pvp and pvm are completely different. You even mentioned a key difference between them.

There's a large difference between dodge/evasion/block and just pure mitigation as well. Unkillable does not necessarily mean unhittable.

As for the build,.. There are variations. A quite literally unkillable build will have issues with Uber for 2 reasons: Adds/damage, being overly-broad in terms of defenses. You do not need what a build like that would provide you with for the Alluring Abyss. Nor would you want to sack that much damage and be screwed on the regen/adds form of Atziri.

Not sure why you would even want that sort of build for AA when you're already able to do the instance with many other builds perfectly fine.

What I got out of this post was "disregard everything I say, there's nothing broken about an unkillable build that has no DPS"
"

What I got out of this post was "disregard everything I say, there's nothing broken about an unkillable build that has no DPS"

You, my friend, don't know how to read and should probably get your eyes examined.

That is far from what I said.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info