incandesent heart saintly mail+CI=invincible

"
WShinikaru wrote:

I play both PoE and D3 and enjoy them both.

me too :) cool bruh, i prefer ros overall because in a week of playtime i can get somewhere. Is all
"
LovelyMonster wrote:
"
Artanthos wrote:
I can see Incandescent Heart being useful for an ar/es build that already has high chaos resist.

85% elemental resist would effectively becomes 88.375% elemental resist, a huge difference is survivability.

But your chaos resist almost always lower than your ele res, so one would end up taking more damage anyway. You would like to have the higher ele res apply to the 25%.

I have to desagree on most on my low life build I have max chaos res 75 (85) and have to balance ele res using some aura
Just to add that I was using darkscorn on my summoner in order to tank dominus second form:
Darkscorn + cloak of defiance + 84 all res and 75 (85) chaos res with 450- 500 unreserved hp was pretty immune to constructs up to lv 74 maps and with split arrow lgh I could stand in chaos alchemist "oneshoting "field
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Last edited by WIKARINA on Aug 9, 2014, 8:58:03 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

'damage converted to chaos dmg' is an old affix. in case of darkscorn it is balanced by MEH damage it has.. and havent seen many CI archers (perfectly possible that i missed them, simply havent seen them)

Out of interest, anyone know tried the bow plus the new chest yet? As you said, Darkscorn's downside is that it's crap in terms of damage, but poison arrow just got a boost so it wouldn't be a bad time to try it out.

Edit: FishingMonsta is a CI archer, happy to test it out at some point :)

I was going to try this exact thing! Darkscorn just doesn't sadly have +x bow level. Maybe empower will do the thing tho...
Just to add
Phys  1k dmg = 571 phys
 Fire  1k dmg = 621 fire  
Darkscorn
 571 phys = phys 428.25 and 142.5 chaos
 Res chaos 75 =35.5 chaos left
 Incandescent heart
 621 fire dmg  @ 75% fire res = 465.75 so 349.35 fire and 116.4 chaos
 Chaos res 116.4 = 29.1 chaos 
Dmg before MoM
428.25 phys 465.75 fire 54.6 chaos
 Total to remove from life or ES before MoM applyes
944.6 dmg (already more than 50% for 1k fire and 1 k phys

Aftermath
657 from HP pool (near 75 % less dmg)
281 from mana

Without factoring flask /armour or life regen

I dont think I know better defense atm in the game.

Sure higher ES/life pool mean higher regen tankyness but under the 16 to 24k ES I dont think there is better sinergies (the coil with MoM for phys dmg maybe )

that my ongoing project is a marauder with also IF planning to get AA Lv26 currently at lv 68
3600 mana
3200 hp
206 mana/ s
345 hp/sec without frenzy charges (have gone the block way using rainbow stride)
Res are
71/76/76 75

At first glance for damage up to 1k phys and 1k fire mitigation is looking like almost 100% due to life and mana regen
Here are my calculation il be glad to compare it to higher es/hp (but not really keen to do it)

Theses calculations are for a life or ES build and should maybe yeld better result for lowlife (in es mitigation)
I think its easier to replenish a low es/life pool when you have low damage and high mitigation than when you have low damage lower mitigation and highest pool

Calculation

Edit
Worst copy past ever (cell)
Calculations are on top. And with
Immortal flesh MoM AA darkscorn and incandescent heart currently I use saffel and both purity (light and cold) and 4% from the tree and inner buff (nearing 429 phys flat red from attacks [yeah phys spell will pretty hurt]♥ )
But being TOTALLY IMMUNE to titties is fun
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Last edited by WIKARINA on Aug 9, 2014, 11:03:13 AM
Made 2h crit phys mara with this great armour, but I think would be better crit 2x claw
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
Last edited by v1br0 on Mar 3, 2015, 8:59:16 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:
This unique is trash. It basically trades off a ton of ES for what is functionally just a couple more % points to max elemental resistance (at 75 all res, it's equal to a bonus 6.25 all resist, at 85 all res, it's equal to a bonus 3.75% all res)

For the % dmg taken as chaos mod to have any usefulness for a CI, the difference in ES values between this chest and your alternative would have to amount to a TOTAL ES difference of less than 25%.

For example, average late game CI gear is likely to yield about 1700 ES without a shield and 2100 if using a rare ES shield:
800 ES chest
300 ES helm
~300 ES discipline
300 ES boots+gloves
400 ES shield (if using rare shield)

In that case, the loss of over 500 ES fro using this unique chest would mean a loss of 20-30% of your total ES pool.

In other words, useless unique is useless. The ONLY decent stat here is 5% life leech. And with the new leech nerfs, that is a more or less irrelevant stat.

This thing is about as useful as Crown of Thorns. The only time I could see this chest being useful is if you were playing a solo self-found CI build and managed to find this chest before you found a 750-800+ ES rare chest on your own.

I used IH on my CI reaver last league

While it could definitely be beaten by a ~700 or so es chest, the socket coloring is much easier, and the extra elemental resists result in similar EHP vs ele damage (which is by far the most dangerous damage anyway). The armor and life leech is nice for melee builds too.

This build came out to 8.1k total ES, 10k evasion, and 3k armor. Hardly a "useless" chest, it's just not BiS, and uniques really shouldn't be.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
I think it's niche. And the problem is that it's a relatively high level equip requirement and when people build a character with the possibility of using this in mind, they desire to see some REAL magic take place with it or they feel disappointed especially considering how difficult it can be to maximize effectiveness on all the weirdness that are its stats.

For the average player, it's simply not worth it. I think it isn't the best unique design. and to top it all off it's ugly as heck when you actually wear it. No 3d art, just some regular purple robe skin. For such a special snowflake, it's a put off to run around looking like that!

just my too sense

"
considering you can get a potential 1500 es from your shield alone before the global es% kicks in... it can be built around

Edit: 700+ es shield with the 4 30% increased es shield passives... its how my discharger with a volls had over 7.5k es...

Just to correct, all increased factors are applied only once and at the same time.
Global %es and shield defence will get summed up and only applied once at the same time, so your sentence can be a bit confusing to some people in the way you phrased it.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
While it could definitely be beaten by a ~700 or so es chest

This is the problem. 700 ES chests are not difficult to acquire, and if you can afford a 6L IH, you can easily afford a ~700 ES chest. The chroms are indeed easier to roll, but not that difficult. Rolling RRRGBB on a Vaal Regalia with Vorici 1R has an expected average chrom cost of well under 500 chroms.

So again, this chest isn't just beaten by BiS rares. It's beaten by extremely average CI ES chests. And that's why it's useless.

If you wanted to roll five or six off colors, then it might have more value, as that's expensive. But 4-off isn't very tough to roll on a pure INT chest.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Think of how much a 700-800+ chest would be. Imagine what stats it might need to be usable over whatever you currently would be using. The only real competitor to IH is Shavronne's and that's purely if you build for the damage you'd potentially take.

Going back to page 1.. People are saying how it's useless because of how much damage you're already negating. I try to tell new players this:

Going from 15% to 20% resistances means you have 33% more mitigation of that damage type, and it isn't even that much of an increase. Now, going from 15% to 20% is only decreasing the enemy's damage by roughly 6% of what they're throwing at you. However, people always say "The more, the merrier!"

Going from 40% resistance to 50% resistance is increasing your damage mitigation by 25%, and reducing the enemy's damage dealt by 16.7%.

Going from 60% resistance to 75% resistance is increasing your damage mitigation by 25%, and reducing the enemy's damage dealt by a whopping 37.5%.

These numbers increase as you go up in resistance, as you can see. You may think it's "only" 5% more resistance, but as you get more resistance that extra bit of mitigation can be calculated to a significant portion.

Let's take a look at 75% vs. 90% resistance:
+15% resist = 20% 'more' increase, 60% less damage taken. Huge.

Lastly, I'd like to touch up on Incandescent Heart's calculation of 25% Ele to Chaos. This is done before reductions, meaning it's best with Chaos Bypass items, for the sole purpose of a huge effective life pool or the Ghost Reaver keystone, or ideally with the Chaos Inoculation keystone.

Despite what people think, it actually has a larger amount of mitigation when calculated before reductions than afterward. Sure, it's not additive to resistance but, as stated before, "The more, the merrier!"

10,000 damage hit with 75% resistance and Incandescent is reduced to 1875 damage.
10,000 damage hit with 90% resistance and Incandescent is reduced to 750 damage.

With Incandescent Heart and 90% resistance to an element, you effectively reduce that damage to a mere 7.5% of the original hit. Compare that to 75% resistances and an 800 Energy Shield chest..

Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Trollenstein on Mar 3, 2015, 3:17:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info