incandesent heart saintly mail+CI=invincible

tell me im wrong. 75%resists + incandescent armor 25% more resist..immune to chaos from CI. so only physical damage matters now?

edit: id like to know when if this is getting fixed cause if not ill gladly go godmoode and full respec into ci
Any betrayal you can see is trivial, What is truly frightening and much more lethal is the
betrayal you cannot see.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
_____________________________________IGN is Syphiroth_
this is a respected list for reasons.
rrtson
Last edited by Tipherith on Apr 7, 2014, 2:48:10 PM
You are wrong. 75 resists + 25/4 resist. ~ 81 ele res. Low es, useless lich, since CI got blood rage and "light radius based" which will make your screen red sometimes is not very enjoyable.
"
Tipherith wrote:
75%resists + incandescent armor 25% more resist

"25% more resist".. math please
Your damage taken will be 0.75 * 0.25 because elemental damage is reduced by 25%(yielding a 0.75 multiplier) and then your resists are applied( a 0.25 multiplier). You don't just add them up. It's good mitigation bit it isn't 100%.
erm, yeah, thats not how this armor works.

lets say an arrow hits, it does 100 fire damage. With the armor, you take 75 fire, 25 chaos damage.

With 75 resists and ci:
No Incandesent heart: 25 fire damage.
Incendesent heart: 18,75 fire damage.

How could anyone think it would give 25% resist on top of your resists, thus getting 100% ele resist? Thats about as far fetched as you can get. *NO* mechanic in this game works like this.

'damage converted to chaos dmg' is an old affix. in case of darkscorn it is balanced by MEH damage it has.. and havent seen many CI archers (perfectly possible that i missed them, simply havent seen them)
This unique is trash. It basically trades off a ton of ES for what is functionally just a couple more % points to max elemental resistance (at 75 all res, it's equal to a bonus 6.25 all resist, at 85 all res, it's equal to a bonus 3.75% all res)

For the % dmg taken as chaos mod to have any usefulness for a CI, the difference in ES values between this chest and your alternative would have to amount to a TOTAL ES difference of less than 25%.

For example, average late game CI gear is likely to yield about 1700 ES without a shield and 2100 if using a rare ES shield:
800 ES chest
300 ES helm
~300 ES discipline
300 ES boots+gloves
400 ES shield (if using rare shield)

In that case, the loss of over 500 ES fro using this unique chest would mean a loss of 20-30% of your total ES pool.

In other words, useless unique is useless. The ONLY decent stat here is 5% life leech. And with the new leech nerfs, that is a more or less irrelevant stat.

This thing is about as useful as Crown of Thorns. The only time I could see this chest being useful is if you were playing a solo self-found CI build and managed to find this chest before you found a 750-800+ ES rare chest on your own.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Apr 7, 2014, 4:25:27 PM
I can see Incandescent Heart being useful for an ar/es build that already has high chaos resist.

85% elemental resist would effectively becomes 88.375% elemental resist, a huge difference is survivability.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
I dont think it works like that
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
Artanthos wrote:
I can see Incandescent Heart being useful for an ar/es build that already has high chaos resist.

85% elemental resist would effectively becomes 88.375% elemental resist, a huge difference is survivability.

But your chaos resist almost always lower than your ele res, so one would end up taking more damage anyway. You would like to have the higher ele res apply to the 25%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info