Amazing

"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
Zidjian wrote:
"
cybrim wrote:
I just hope they implement the private messages into the active game! hmm I must post that to our other topic thread SpudOfDoom

Already implemented.

This should be clarified. Forum private messaging and in game whispering are two completely separate systems. At the moment you cannot PM someone on the forum and expect it to show up in game or vice versa. I agree that would be a sweet addition though.

Hmm....... one game had that system... can't recall which one though.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
If you were to combine the two it would need to be in a separate "mail" system rather than whisper chat. If that hasnt been included by this stage in development I'm not sure they'll be able to. Who knows though. GGG might end up making a lot off this game so we could get a lot out of them in years to come.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
If you were to combine the two it would need to be in a separate "mail" system rather than whisper chat. If that hasnt been included by this stage in development I'm not sure they'll be able to. Who knows though. GGG might end up making a lot off this game so we could get a lot out of them in years to come.

The "If that hasnt been included by this stage in development I'm not sure they'll be able to" way of thinking isn't correct here - there are dozens of features that aren't in yet that we will add over the coming months.

Right now, there's no trade screen in the game. Next week, there probably will be.

If mail isn't in by open beta, we just add it as soon as we get time. The name of release stage (alpha, closed beta, open beta) won't affect our need to pile in all the features we want. There are many years more features planned!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
That's a very reassuring message. I guess that's one of the benefits of creating your own game engine in-house.

And seeing GGG's interest in forum connectivity with the item linking (I heard it's even better now) makes me think a unified mail system could happen here then. Like the friends system though it will come down to how things are managed with characters and accounts.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
Chris responded... quite nicely, I am very happy to hear that, Thank you Chris for being so active with the community at such an early stage, you probably have an idea about how hard it is to get real answers out of people about games you are interested in, when the entire community wants something unique, brilliant and that will stand on it's own as an innovative piece of entertainment and art. By the way awesome job with all the videos and work so far, I am VERY CRITICAL OF GAMES IN GENERAL AND YOU GUYS DO IMPRESS!
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
I'll agree with cybrim on this one. Blizzard used to be like this... to a point. They've always been secretive about all of their games... but I'd expect them to release more information on Diablo 3 by now. The game has been in development longer than POE and it has about the same amount of Videos... (more screenshots though). So far, there has been more response from GGG regarding POE than there has been from Blizzard about D3. Considering GGG is A LOT smaller team, that is very impressive.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
"
bkboggy wrote:
So far, there has been more response from GGG regarding POE than there has been from Blizzard about D3. Considering GGG is A LOT smaller team, that is very impressive.

Indeed it is, guess thats why we all keep lurking the forums everyday, just to see if Chris(or any onther staff member)will give us our daily drug :P
The best part of waking up is an Invite from Chris or one of his cleverly well done informational pieces! It's either that or spending $5 on 1 Freaking Mortal Kombat character... I choose to wait and see if there is going to be a GOTY... instead of buying all that crap individually...
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info