Were cartographers strongboxes nerfed

I saw a ton the first 3 weeks. In the last week and all I do is map. Right now staying 75-78 mostly haven't seen a single one.

Did they help players map pool to much. It was always nice to find one. But I feel it got nerfed in the amount of maps I do a day to not see any now.
"
Version 1.1.0e (hotfix):
Reduced the number of Maps dropped from Cartographer's Strongboxes.

all i can find about map drop nerfs, so probably bad luck.

but my gut feeling is the same, found alot more boxes some weeks ago, had half a stash of 66 maps i could sell for chisels with the recipe. now there are rarely any boxes at all.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I find roughly 1 carto box in what i guess would be around +- 150 maps.

Diden't play ambush the first week do, so cant compare with the start of league, but given there loot...i would say its safe to assume they nerfed it a bit :').
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I think it's again a matter of perception. At the date of the original post I just started mapping I think and since then up to today I saw 8 boxes in 160 maps (I'm noting maps down for another experiment, so that's why I know the number).

But since 5 days the boxes stopped dropping well... First boxes I had managed to get +4 or +5 at dropped 4-7 maps, including about 50% +3, +4 and +5 maps, but since 5 days I barely saw any boxes and they all dropped maximum of 2 maps and non was higher than +1 ... Maybe I was very very lucky with my first boxes or they nerfed them. Friend has exactly the same experience. The subjective RNG experience?

One last funny thing though, I hadn't seen a box in 60 maps and then this happened :

And they dropped 3 maps in total (+4 and +5 mod), 2 current level and 1 +1 level... Biggest disappointment since I've started in the league hehe, probably my own fault expecting some juicy maps...
But I think I'll go for +amount of items from now on in all 70+ maps, at last I have a certainty of map pool increasing with the possibility of some merging if needed.
Last edited by leto2626 on Apr 16, 2014, 7:22:41 PM
Just got a few last night, hadn't seen any in like maybe a week, yo RNG

had one on a 71 last night dropped 10 74's and a bunch of other 73. 72, 71s
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Apr 16, 2014, 7:38:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info