how about do a dagger build on duelist?

it's a crita build certainly.

we could get 385% increase critical chance around duelist and marauder, and we could get much STR and IR+US,MoA is also useful
but we could get over 435% increase critical chance around shadow and passive "Adder's Touch",

I don't know clearly which is better
Deadly precision, which is around marauder area, is not easy to reach (lots of points wasted) ; if you intend to go BM node, or whatever in this part of tree, it's a good choice, otherwise - not. Twin terror, which is closer, requires DW ; a good choice if you go dual strike, because of the synergy. Shadow sweet crit nodes are almost out of reach.

Major problems are :
- crit mult nodes; the closest are Cruelty and Pressure Points; there are no hybrid crit/mult nodes like around the shadow start.
- this build requires heavy investment in nodes, much more than shadow, or ranger does; at the end you'll get high crit chance, but will lack damage and probably enough crit mult.
- you'll lack int to support daggers and gems like incr. crit/mult, if used. Requires specific equipment to provide needed intelligence + picking the 2 +30int that are around.
- you'll probably have to go DW, as 1H + shield will require damn good dagger to have the damage needed for lategame

Yes build is doable, but requires good equipment and specific items.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
it isn't just about values, its about how many points spent.

this is how i optimize my tree as best i can. i take what the value is and divide it by how many points spent and you see the "efficient value" of the node cluster you want.
for instance there is an hp cluster of 28% hp but it takes me 5 points to get to it. or i could get a 24% cluster in 4, which is better? technically the 24% cluster is better because it has an efficiency value of 6% hp per passive used while the 28% cluster has just 5.6

i do the same for dmg nodes too. do you spend 5 points and get a cluster that includes 10% 10% and 24% dmg, or do you get 5 single 12% nodes? obviously the 5 12% nodes are superior, giving you a total of 60% dmg instead of just 44%

its all about optimization

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info