Question about Breath of Rime passive

Hi, i'm making a cold damage build and there's this notable passive called Breath of Rime on witch area , which says "Enemies become chilled as they unfreeze" ... Thing is, i always see my enemies chilled as they unfreeze without taking that nod, so was wondering what exactly is the difference. Does the chill "begin" when freeze ends and lasts longer?...or what. Thanks.
Since chill durations are always longer than freeze durations, once freeze wears off the monster should always be chilled for a while afterward.

Breath of Rime should be adding a full chill after the freeze, rather than one that ticked while the mob was frozen.
No, the formula for chill duration is just a bit more generous so it always lasts longer.

If you take breath of rime it will indeed start once they unfreeze, yeah, it was never an awfully popular passive.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 31, 2014, 5:34:49 PM
I see, thanks for answers
It's not useless, but it's rarely noticable, since people who freeze use Proliferation, usually. And that doesn't really interact well with it, since they move away and lose the effect when unfrozen. Or the never move away and stay frozen.

Either way, barely EVER noticeable. Not worth the point.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Be useful for a Three Dragons Lightning Freezer but I don't see it being all that great if you're already spamming an ability that can chill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info