Successful builds

What is considered a successful build? Is it something that can farm Dominus quickly? Is it easily farming yellow lvl 72+ maps or blue lvl 72+ maps?

I guess the obvious answer is "Whatever makes you happy". But I was just wondering if there was a consensus on what qualities comprise a successful build.

My answer is any build that does what you expect it to do (duh). Warts and all.
Can clear fast and almost never dies while doing highend maps.
can kill atzri . that is all.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Meh, I think Atziri is kind of like a side quest. If your build can do it, that's awesome, and some builds do well in both maps (with all sorts of map mods) and Apex (which has no map mods, but the bosses require certain specs/gears).

Let's take RF for example. RF can kill Atziri--even uber Atziri--but it sucks complete dick in maps. The number of map mods that can't be run by RF builds is horrendous, but that's the sacrifice I guess.
appart from cheese builds built specifically to kill her,

any normal build that can run her is good to go.
"
kasub wrote:

Rare, magic or white maps? Including all bosses?

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Setting the bar pretty high.
Last edited by bullsonparade on Mar 31, 2014, 12:59:57 PM
"
bullsonparade wrote:
"
kasub wrote:

Rare, magic or white maps? Including all bosses?

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Setting the bar pretty high.

it cant be helped , gotta keep up with power creep and all that bullshit
can kill uber atziri.

the bullshit gloves are needed and everybody will want them so if you can't get them yourself you will have to pay 239573075034975034750349 exalts for them
"
Veruski wrote:
can kill uber atziri.

the bullshit gloves are needed and everybody will want them so if you can't get them yourself you will have to pay 239573075034975034750349 exalts for them

Gloves needed for what? If the most dangerous boss was killed without them, for what are they needed? They are a trophy, not necessary for anything. Like my race rewards in HC.

People will pay the price for them anyway. Because there are less "skilled" players with enough currency which want to overcome optional obstacles with OP gear.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Mar 31, 2014, 2:25:51 PM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
can kill uber atziri.

Gloves needed for what? If the most dangerous boss was killed without them, for what are they needed? They are a trophy, not necessary for anything. Like my race rewards in HC.

People will pay the price for them anyway. Because there are less "skilled" players with enough currency which want to overcome optional obstacles with OP gear.

because it will be much much much easier to make a build with those gloves than without them

basically any kind of crit build you want to run, at all, will be much simpler to build and much stronger with those gloves.

any crit build that worked without those gloves will work a bajillion times better with them, to the point of enabling a ridiculous amount of builds that wouldn't otherwise even be possible

so yeah, needed, depending on how much you enjoy playing new builds vs grinding the same old boring ones

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info