Help with a new build: Aegis Aurora Reaver

My build was different because it wasn't based around Reave. I was using Bringer/Aegis/Soul Taker and using Frenzy + Melee Splash with six Frenzy Charges which was great since Soul Taker was dodging Frenzy's crazy mana cost at like 11+ attacks per second. It was on the old 1.0 skill tree obviously, I was Marauder, went up by Templar for Life/Block, and went over through Duelist to Ranger for Life/Block/Iron Reflexes, getting good 1h DPS nodes when possible. If i had created the character solely for the build, I probably would have been Duelist instead and saved a few points.

You could probably do something fairly similar with Reave using Carcass and a good helm (especially after Bringer nerf) and then use Tempest Shield to help block cap if necessary. Keep in mind if you use Carcass, you definitely want to go the life based route. Huge ES on pure ES chest is pretty important for CI users (espeically since Aegis isn't a pure ES shield), Carcass is way to low to feel safe w/ CI personally.

I also think you might find that Stone of Lahzwar is vital to this build, instead of Anvil. Being able to block the majority of dangerous spells with Stone and Rainbow is a big part of why Aegis makes you almost unkillable in most situations.

Edit: I don't think Aegis nerf is a big deal, if anything you just need to make sure you have enough Armor to still recharge a significant portion of your ES. For my build, the nerfed Bringer is a much bigger issue if I wanted to try and redo it for Invasion.
Last edited by delvur on Mar 31, 2014, 4:49:50 PM
"
My build was different because it wasn't based around Reave. I was using Bringer/Aegis/Soul Taker and using Frenzy + Melee Splash with six Frenzy Charges which was great since Soul Taker was dodging Frenzy's crazy mana cost at like 11+ attacks per second. It was on the old 1.0 skill tree obviously, I was Marauder, went up by Templar for Life/Block, and went over through Duelist to Ranger for Life/Block/Iron Reflexes, getting good 1h DPS nodes when possible. If i had created the character solely for the build, I probably would have been Duelist instead and saved a few points.

You could probably do something fairly similar with Reave using Carcass and a good helm (especially after Bringer nerf) and then use Tempest Shield to help block cap if necessary. Keep in mind if you use Carcass, you definitely want to go the life based route. Huge ES on pure ES chest is pretty important for CI users (espeically since Aegis isn't a pure ES shield), Carcass is way to low to feel safe w/ CI personally.

I also think you might find that Stone of Lahzwar is vital to this build, instead of Anvil. Being able to block the majority of dangerous spells with Stone and Rainbow is a big part of why Aegis makes you almost unkillable in most situations.

Edit: I don't think Aegis nerf is a big deal, if anything you just need to make sure you have enough Armor to still recharge a significant portion of your ES. For my build, the nerfed Bringer is a much bigger issue if I wanted to try and redo it for Invasion.

Hmm thanks for the tips I'll be sure to keep them in mind when I build the character. Yea my idea now is to make an unkillable character that can almostly instantly regain hp with claw and vp in case those big hits do go through. I'm debating between that and a mid ish crit dagger build sacrificing much of the lifesteal but in return gaining a huge boost in dps.
Last edited by eyoo1109 on Mar 31, 2014, 7:04:33 PM
when faced with this decision I went ci, you can use bloodrage for free without investing in chaos res/life regen which completely sorts out your leech and gives you non stop frenzy. Both ways work though, life based aegis can work with very little es as people have said. With Q bloodrage its like 9 or 10% leech, I use daggers, way more crit, more damage.

I used to have vaal pact, dropped it when the middle of the tree changed, literally dont notice any difference without it, the aegis just tanks like a boss and keeps my es up non stop. The way you get es back with it seems instant like vp, imo you dont even need vp on a ci aegis build at all, complete waste of points. The ci dagger witch can do any map mod except blood magic, no need for life flasks = granite/res flasks of iron skin right across the bar, with the daggers critting like mad and surgeons mods you basically got 100% up time of armour flasks in combat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info