Dual wield crit build ?

Has somebody created a dual wield crit build yet ? Could it work ? I noticed that in the duelist area there is a huge crit / accuracy node. The marauder also has crit multiplier nodes. I'm just curious.

When I say dual wield I mean a duelis dual sword / axe crit build, not dagger.
Last edited by chromafunk on Mar 30, 2014, 8:27:14 PM
It's doable, but it's really better as a Dagger/Claw build.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
i'd say the best bet would be dual claw crit build with vaal pact since its all in the same area.
Is is much better than do it with RT in terms of damage ?
If you're considering non-dagger/claw crit builds, I'd suggest sceptres/maces because they have good base crit chance. If you plan to use swords/axes to crit, you can't really get that high base crit, and so you'd have lower crit chance overall.
however i'll say your crit chance works with your attack speed. so if you had 50% crit chance (think i think is the maximum ever needed) and 4 attacks per second you're still going to crit a couple times per second.

even i only have 5% crit chance but i crit all the time because my attack speed is so huge.

also with dual wielding, the way dual strike works if you used it - it rolls each weapon separately so if each weapon has 50% chance to crit, each cast could grant 1 weapon to crit while the other weapon doesnt (still counts as a crit overall, for PCoC and CoC) or both weapons could crit doing massive double crit damage, or neither weapon can crit.
the way this is calculated, with dual strike the chances of getting a cast that does not count as a crit is fairly low compared to skills that roll each weapon alternatively. so that is a big benefit.
Last edited by iRace82 on Mar 30, 2014, 10:44:52 PM
"
Junkx wrote:
also with dual wielding, the way dual strike works if you used it - it rolls each weapon separately so if each weapon has 50% chance to crit, each cast could grant 1 weapon to crit while the other weapon doesnt (still counts as a crit overall, for PCoC and CoC) or both weapons could crit doing massive double crit damage, or neither weapon can crit.
the way this is calculated, with dual strike the chances of getting a cast that does not count as a crit is fairly low compared to skills that roll each weapon alternatively. so that is a big benefit.

Are you sure about this? As I understand it, it only ever makes one roll for the attack. The difference for dual wielding is that if one weapon has a lower crit chance than the other, that crit roll might be good enough to do critical damage with one weapon, where for the weapon with a lower crit chance it won't.
What about accuracy ? Do you need to invest heavily on it ? Or it's better to just use an increased accuracy gem on each 5L-6L ? I have read that you don't need to invest on accuracy if you use the gem on the setup. I'm getting tempted to respec my build in to a dualwield crit one ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info