Which map mod do you like least?

I don't map but from a normal player Corrupted Area perspective:

Half Regen/No Regen. :P
"
Yeah I tried to explain that a loot/xp penalty for a player bonus could easily be a reasonable trade-off, add variety and make the game more fun. GGG didn't want to entertain the idea and INSISTED that any map mod increase difficulty. Good jobbed.

Because all this damage stacking (which is super interesting and really doesn't force you into purely more defensive setups) and shit that literally makes the game less fun to play is super awesome and totally makes me want to endure that horseshit.

completely agree with you here. i know too many games that were such genius and amazingly fun games... if not for the myopic stubborness of the developers. and you know what happened to the games? they died.

good game.

there's a fine line between diluting your game by bending over to every players' whim and understanding what aspects of your game need fine-tuning and brush-ups by helpful guidelines and ideas from the playerbase. after all, they are the ones playing it, engaging with it, feeling the flaws and admiring the perfections a large portion of the time, not you.

but hey, don't hate the game, hate the player! no wonder why i wallow in self-loathing all the time.
Last edited by Juicebox360 on Mar 31, 2014, 5:44:16 AM
"
Juicebox360 wrote:
"
Yeah I tried to explain that a loot/xp penalty for a player bonus could easily be a reasonable trade-off, add variety and make the game more fun. GGG didn't want to entertain the idea and INSISTED that any map mod increase difficulty. Good jobbed.

Because all this damage stacking (which is super interesting and really doesn't force you into purely more defensive setups) and shit that literally makes the game less fun to play is super awesome and totally makes me want to endure that horseshit.

completely agree with you here. i know too many games that were such genius and amazingly fun games... if not for the myopic stubborness of the developers. and you know what happened to the games? they died.

good game.

there's a fine line between diluting your game by bending over to every players' whim and understanding what aspects of your game need fine-tuning and brush-ups by helpful guidelines and ideas from the playerbase. after all, they are the ones playing it, engaging with it, feeling the flaws and admiring the perfections a large portion of the time, not you.

but hey, don't hate the game, hate the player! no wonder why i wallow in self-loathing all the time.

Good luck trying to improve the game with feedback, I had a couple of thousand posts (90% of my feedback on an older account, named flab).

Some of them helped force some change (armour, granites, curses, etc), rarely the way I would've liked. I eventually gave up. I give up forever.
Well temporal chains takes long but i run a fracture map last weekend ... this is just TROLOLOLOL

I fought a golden boss for like 25minutes ... he was spawning like 4-5 monsters constantly ... well ... I let him live. Map took me over an hour lol.

no regen, vulnerability, the 3x combo att speed / cast speed are pretty much rolls i hate

half regen is Ok for me ...

Temp chains by a country mile...

Surprised some say Fracture over temp chains.

Whenever I run a temp chain map I cry a little inside at the thought I could have cleared 3 maps in the time it takes to clear the one I'm stuck in.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Temporal Chains.

Not afraid of it just hate the fact that if I run map with TC curse, I can run 2 without it.

Unless GGG give TC curse 100% IIQ or I'll never do it.
Fracture mod, hands down. After having 1 fps and horrible, horrible desync and dying after opening a strongbox in a fracture map, and after that being unable to enter any of the portals because of instance disconnect, I am never doing this again. Fuck Fracture and fuck GGG for mindlessly implementing stuff that shits on their netcode and engine. Did anyone actually test this stuff before release?!?!?!

Second, temporal chains. The only good thing about the mod is how awesome it feels when you enter the next map and you move normally. Oh joy.

No health/mana regen, 50% health/mana regen. Negates my build so I reroll.

Blood magic. Negates my build so I reroll.

Enfeeble. Doesn't make the map harder, only makes it longer. Stupid, pointless mod.

In my opinion mods should make a map more challenging, not more tedious. We get enough tediousness in this game as it is. For these reasons temporal chains and enfeeble should be taken out. Mods also shouldn't fuck up your connection/computer or desync you horribly. So fracture needs to go, stat.
-max, killer number one.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Regen
Max Resists
Temp Chains

Possibly in that order, although there are maps you can do relatively safely with lowered max resists, depending on other mods, but no map is actually pleasant with chains.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
There's no "half regen" mod, will people stop saying that... it's "half recovery", which includes flasks, leech and regen.

To answer OPs question, temp chains hands down. But fracture is annoying as hell when you just start doing maps and have underpowered damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info