Which map mod do you like least?

Temporal chains or monster fracture? or any other?

Temporal is ok to me, but fracture is annoying as s**t.
[Removed by Admin]
Both Temporal Chains and Fracture are a walk in the park, compared to Vulnerability, -max, and No regen
Pants of Textile
"
BlowBlood wrote:

no regen
half regen
temp chain
-max
vuln/ele weak
fracture (depends on the mob type. if it's some stupid annoying mob that does shit on death like tar zombies or porcupine spikers, then fuck that)
blood magic (depends on the build i am playing obv)
animals (because of devourers)

in no particular order

also i think it would be interesting if ggg introduced "player bonus" instead of "player malus" mods that reduce experience gain and item quantity. think like "players deal 50% more damage" but comes with a "10% less experience gain", or "players' skills chain 2 more times", "players have +10% to all maximum resistances", "250% increased regen rate". would make maps more enjoyable to run at the cost of them being less profitable/efficient
Temporal Chains and Frozen Ground.

Not for the difficulty factor, because of the 'this sucks' factor.
Never run them. Fuckin' terrible. Absolutely the worst.
Temp Chains use to be my 'skip that' or 'reroll' that map mod. It just took too long. Now enter the picture - Fracture. Fracture now takes the cake for being the dumbest map mod and SHOULD be removed. Fuck that mod.

Chilled ground on the other hand you can atleast move around in. Temp chains or fracture you are perma meh.
Slinkston's STANDARD Shop! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/197511

IGN: Slinkston
Blood Magic

I know it's VERY rare, but it shouldn't even be in the game because so many builds 100% rely on auras so you need to reroll the map.
temp chains all day, you can clear 2-3 maps in the time it takes to run one temp chains map
S L O W E R
"
Juicebox360 wrote:
"
BlowBlood wrote:

no regen
half regen
temp chain
-max
vuln/ele weak
fracture (depends on the mob type. if it's some stupid annoying mob that does shit on death like tar zombies or porcupine spikers, then fuck that)
blood magic (depends on the build i am playing obv)
animals (because of devourers)

in no particular order

also i think it would be interesting if ggg introduced "player bonus" instead of "player malus" mods that reduce experience gain and item quantity. think like "players deal 50% more damage" but comes with a "10% less experience gain", or "players' skills chain 2 more times", "players have +10% to all maximum resistances", "250% increased regen rate". would make maps more enjoyable to run at the cost of them being less profitable/efficient

Ahahahaha...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That was great, please sir can I have another?

Seriously, these were some of the things I started suggesting barely a week after the map system was introduced around August 2012, I also said they were going to have HUGE issues with the map system for a very long time.

Fucking great, though, shit.

though i'll play devil's advocate against myself and argue that such "bonus" mods would only serve to let people rush through content too easily thereby letting people craft "ez mode" maps on hard levels. imagine a lvl 66 char breezing through a 70 map with a mod like "players have +150 life"

but there is so much depth to player-assistance maps.
+life
+mana
-monster dmg
all mobs cursed with ele weak/tempchain/enfeeble/crit weak/blah blah
+max frenzy/power/end charges
+spell dmg
players are buffed by haste/hatred/discipline/blah blah
+movespeed
+max zombies/spectre/skele
increased skill duration
players cannot be stunned
players cannot be inflicted with status effects
players cannot be cursed
players are phased
players are immune to fire/lightning/cold/chaos (could be game-breaking mod depending on boss ie immune to lightning vs temple piety = easiest piety of my life)
players have x% increased chance to block
players have x% increased chance to crit

etc

another reason why "help me" mods could be bad: lategame when you can handle the content in a map you wouldn't really want to roll a mod that will ruin your leveling [exp] efficiency - you want to squeeze as much experience out of a map as possible, and "help me" mods would be seen as junk mods
Last edited by Juicebox360 on Mar 30, 2014, 3:20:22 PM
"
Juicebox360 wrote:
though i'll play devil's advocate against myself and argue that such "bonus" mods would only serve to let people rush through content too easily thereby letting people craft "ez mode" maps on hard levels. imagine a lvl 66 char breezing through a 70 map with a mod like "players have +150 life"

but there is so much depth to player-assistance maps.
+life
+mana
-monster dmg
all mobs cursed with ele weak/tempchain/enfeeble/crit weak/blah blah
+max frenzy/power/end charges
+spell dmg
players are buffed by haste/hatred/discipline/blah blah
+movespeed
+max zombies/spectre/skele
increased skill duration
players cannot be stunned
players cannot be inflicted with status effects
players cannot be cursed
players are phased
players are immune to fire/lightning/cold/chaos (could be game-breaking mod depending on boss ie immune to lightning vs temple piety = easiest piety of my life)
players have x% increased chance to block
players have x% increased chance to crit

etc

another reason why "help me" mods could be bad: lategame when you can handle the content in a map you wouldn't really want to roll a mod that will ruin your leveling [exp] efficiency - you want to squeeze as much experience out of a map as possible, and "help me" mods would be seen as junk mods

Yeah I tried to explain that a loot/xp penalty for a player bonus could easily be a reasonable trade-off, add variety and make the game more fun. GGG didn't want to entertain the idea and INSISTED that any map mod increase difficulty. Good jobbed.

Because all this damage stacking (which is super interesting and really doesn't force you into purely more defensive setups) and shit that literally makes the game less fun to play is super awesome and totally makes me want to endure that horseshit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info