Question about MoM + Damage Gained as Mana

"
Incompetent wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds like you might be misunderstanding something.

To be clear, MoM does absolutely nothing if you have no mana, just like ES doesn't do anything if you have no ES - the remaining damage (all of it) comes from life.

I'm basing what I said on your previous post (linked by Vipermagi): "if you're on no mana, you'll gain it just in time for mind over matter or similar to use that to absorb some damage before life."

For example, suppose you currently have 3k life and 0 mana, but your (max mana - reserved mana) is 100. You also have 15% damage taken gained as mana and Mind over Matter. You get hit and take 1k damage.

Damage taken gained as mana: 15% of 1k is 150, but after reservation you only have room for 100 mana in your mana bulb. So now you are up to 100 mana.

Mind over Matter: 30% of damage is taken from mana before life. 30% of 1k is more than 100, so MoM takes all it can from mana (100) and the rest from life (900).

The end result is that you are down to 2100 life and 0 mana. So although you have taken 1k damage, your net loss of life is only 900 and your net loss of mana is zero.

Do I have the right picture here of how this would work?

Yep this is right, the way you first explained it was confusing though.

It all boils down to this:

The mana gained, is added before MoM kicks in. The in-game effect of this is that you cannot use the "damage gained as mana" stat to make MoM cost less (aka it won't make MoM more effective)
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
If you have 100% reserved mana but max mana 500+, mom work or not? Or need have no reserved mana for absorb?

When hit, 30% of the damage that would be inflicted on the character's life is deducted from mana instead. If the character has insufficient mana, then the remainder of the damage will be taken from life.

Is mean need have mana left for absorb, right?
Last edited by thelucifier on Jul 6, 2016, 11:29:55 PM
"
thelucifier wrote:
If you have 100% reserved mana but max mana 500+, mom work or not? Or need have no reserved mana for absorb?

When hit, 30% of the damage that would be inflicted on the character's life is deducted from mana instead. If the character has insufficient mana, then the remainder of the damage will be taken from life.

Is mean need have mana left for absorb, right?

Only unreserved mana matters. Granted Eldritch Battery isn't active.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info