I can't farm piety or do maps solo (Help)

If you don't mind trading, buy these cheap gloves:

You can then remove mana leech gem (possibly also Mind drinker passive) and cold damage gem. Make your split arrow setup like this:

Throw a blessed orb on the sash, or alc a few with 22-24% implicit (should have collected such craftables along the way). Find a good 4L base bow (Spine / Imperial (possibly Thicket, but you might be running out of mana)) and use the bad rustic sashes to do the physical dmg. recipe (item + rare rustic + whetstone). Aug, regal, and then vaal if the outcome is not good.

Or, ofc. you can just buy a better bow, because that one is really crap for Merc Lunaris or maps

E:
Alc a few quivers too
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 30, 2014, 7:42:12 AM
1. Upgrade your bow ASAP. 200 (at least) physical DPS bow cost 1-5 chaos. That's your top priority.

2. Run Hatred instead of Haste.

3. You have very low total evasion. In that case Iron Reflexes is useless. Spec out of it. Take "Acrobatics" and "Ondar's Guile".

4. You don't have a lot of physical damage, so 2% leech from gloves is not enough. Use these links:

Frenzy - Life Leech - Mana Leech - Phys Projectile Damage (for single target)

Split Arrow - Life on Hit - Chain - Phys Projectile (or Blood Magic, if you have mana issues).

Chain will lower your tooltip DPS a lot, but the actual DPS will become much bigger! If you have at least two enemies on the screen, each of them will be hit three times. And you will get instant life from all six hits. The more enemies you hit with split arrow the better.

5. With all these changes you should be able to farm Piety with caution (don't be a hero, move your legs)

6. Get 5 links on your armour or bow as soon as you can. You need it for split arrow for decent DPS output and zero mana problems.

7. In my opinion, non crit bow builds are not viable in endgame. Without godly bow your DPS will be low for 70+ maps.

This is my current tree:

This is my end game plan:

This is my current gear:

Spoiler

As you can see, the gear is nothing special. 200 pdps harbinger bow, a lot of hp and resists (fire and cold still not capped, lol).

I made a video to show my build in action. The 71 lvl Temple map I rolled turned out to be pretty hard: Igna Phoenix and one of the worst mobs for bow users (Evangelists). That's why the run is rather slow, but it shows the capabilities of the build.

I used Puncture a lot. It's a great skill for crit builds. Killed both exiles and Piety with it.

Video: http://youtu.be/DVoxr1oZC4k

Highlights:
3:50 - Igna Phoenix (great drop!)
6:55 - Ion Darkshroud
9:50 - Piety
As a self-found bow ranger a bit ahead of you lvl wise, I can completely relate. My bow sucks too, but, with a good evasion build, it's workable, I run 66-72 maps at lvl 75, and the only time I die, it's my fault.

Like others said, spec out or iron reflexes. Acrobatics, Ondar's Guile(SP), and there's one more that I don't recall the name of. I'm currently running 45% evasion, 40% dodge to attacks, 30% dodge to spell damage. Life above 3k makes things much easier.

I honestly think that the most important thing is tactics with the bow ranger at your lvl. Learn the enemies that kill you, and proceed with caution. On maps, always begin by clearing space from the entry in two directions, each direction a bit at a time. This will give you room to kite and run if it becomes necessary. Always hug the edge of the map to keep massive agro to a minimum. Always carry granite flasks, and a flask for each elemental damage, and switch them up when needed. Health flasks that cure bleed effects are essential, since puncture will kill your ass fast if you can't get rid of it.

Once you spec into an avoidance spec, Piety is easy, just be patient. Run from the flame phase, hide behind pillars during the frost phase, and dodge the lightning balls. Keep pressure on Piety to keep her shield down, which is where puncture comes in handy. Remember, you are a ranged character, your mobility and range are your weapons, standing still will avail you nothing.

I mostly ignore armor, preferring to boost my evasion. Armor is for getting hit, we bow rangers avoid that at all costs. Also, although many here will disagree with me, experiment with different combos. I personally have retired split arrow in favor of a combo of Frenzy/Ice Shot/Explosive arrow. More fun, very effective, and the slow of the ice keeps those pesky fast minions at bay.

You can easily farm maps and Piety with an adjustment to your build and gameplay, and you can do it without trading if you're loathe to trade, although others here are correct, a simple swap of chaos orbs for a better bow will likely make you happier.

Good luck.
you could consider implementimng Knockback into your build as well. Helps wonders sometimes.
Anyway, im playing -strict- selffound and crafted or found good sufficient gear. So just dont give the Hope up! I woudnt start trading, it ends up with a foul smell after all - just mho;)

It helps when u play different chars at nearly same level, the synergy form loot is higher and its even more fun. If ur interested in teaming up for some map/piety farm just drop a line
"
Soulololol wrote:
I dont have any mana issues (after removed the gems), thanks for the advice on the chestplate.

I'm a full armor build atm. Is evasion more potent and useful? Or is a balance between the two the nest overall?

doh! missed the IR.

math still applies - you need a big number for that chest armor to add to your armor.

meanwhile do not spec acrobatics ! lol.

as a ranged character your job is not to get hit.

so i think that pure evasion/acrobatics build has the advantage.

it's been debated on the forums ad nauseum.

good luck.
To add on, i think ms on boots is very impt. For clearing speed, kiting and dodging stuff.
Your rarity is low, if your looking for your own bow and gear, increase it. It should be easy to find a white linked bow on docks. Then just buff the phys damage with Whetstones and a rare belt.

I wouldn't use pierce though. Just make it easy on yourself and use searing bond.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info