I can't farm piety or do maps solo (Help)

Hey guys recently I've hit a roadblock and I cant seem to move past it. I can farm Docks by myself easily, but when I attempt to do a Piety run I struggle on blue monsters, and piety herself. Same goes for certain maps.

I'm level 70 with about 1.5k dps on my Split Arrow, and 2k on my frenzy

Here are my items:

I assume it's important to note that I haven't found any gear improvements in the past ten levels. The drops i receive while in parties at piety, as well as from farming docks has given me no luck.

Here is my build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1BfkM8g5ID6sRlhXwGf4bARzcIXYkPCaVJ6kppTB8MfoyATKUNj06WD7PSVFKfU4qUUdVS1b6WhpabVuvX-Fh4mKsZ6BrJG1sbXt0QXb3d9R3138Cfyt_xobOhxmHdohrjDaNfY2_lQWV6ZsmnaqhIqJAo4qly6bgpzSnXKfUqn-quK_rsTCyGbVItkG95sSiyqnPetad2cbcFd0N44TndPBC9Pj5Vvlj_MX-yA==

Maybe I should re-Locate some points?

What am I missing?
"
Soulololol wrote:
Hey guys recently I've hit a roadblock and I cant seem to move past it. I can farm Docks by myself easily, but when I attempt to do a Piety run I struggle on blue monsters, and piety herself. Same goes for certain maps.

I'm level 70 with about 1.5k dps on my Split Arrow, and 2k on my frenzy

Here are my items:

I assume it's important to note that I haven't found any gear improvements in the past ten levels. The drops i receive while in parties at piety, as well as from farming docks has given me no luck.

Here is my build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1BfkM8g5ID6sRlhXwGf4bARzcIXYkPCaVJ6kppTB8MfoyATKUNj06WD7PSVFKfU4qUUdVS1b6WhpabVuvX-Fh4mKsZ6BrJG1sbXt0QXb3d9R3138Cfyt_xobOhxmHdohrjDaNfY2_lQWV6ZsmnaqhIqJAo4qly6bgpzSnXKfUqn-quK_rsTCyGbVItkG95sSiyqnPetad2cbcFd0N44TndPBC9Pj5Vvlj_MX-yA==

Maybe I should re-Locate some points?

What am I missing?

How are you struggling? You can easily buy some new gear that is much better for a few chaos. Starting with the bow which looks weak to me. Use poe.xyz.is
Poexplorer is discontinued.
Mainly things jump on me or slowly make their way closer and closer, and I die. I don't have the sustain, tankinesss or damage to kill things that get up close.
poemarkets.com is nice too.

your build looks fine to me except that you have the dreader ranger mana problems. since you have to use mana leech on everything you are losing valuable damage support.

you must get your evasion much, much higher, that's you most serious problem. your chest needs to be at least 1000 evasion.

then take ondar's guile. lunaris machine guns can do damage _very_ rapidly, and having 45% evasion with ondar's guile will basically make you immune to them.

i can tell you from experience if your life isn't 3k then you can't _reliably_ run lunaris. and that's with 40% evasion, ondar's guile and acrobatics.

use phy projectile damage instead of added cold. it's much better for leeching to buff your physical damage. try running hatred instead of haste.

you have no good aoe attack that i can see. try rain of arrows + conc effect + phy proj damage + point blank.

linking point blank to attacks will give you a big damage boost when mobs get close.

use smoke mine. even if you just detonate at your current location the smoke will blind giving your opponents a huge debuff.

also too i would spec acrobatics.

a thread i've been using to help me:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
I dont have any mana issues (after removed the gems), thanks for the advice on the chestplate.

I'm a full armor build atm. Is evasion more potent and useful? Or is a balance between the two the nest overall?
"
Soulololol wrote:
I haven't found any gear improvements in the past ten levels.

"
kompaniet wrote:
You can easily buy some new gear that is much better for a few chaos. Use poe.xyz.is

"
plasticeyes wrote:
poemarkets.com is nice too.

POE - ARPG GOTY 2013
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Soulololol wrote:
I dont have any mana issues (after removed the gems), thanks for the advice on the chestplate.

I'm a full armor build atm. Is evasion more potent and useful? Or is a balance between the two the nest overall?

Well if you are ranged, ideally you try not to get hit.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Your weak gear is crippling you. That bow is especially terrible for your level. A level 32 Death's Harp does about the same damage as your bow. As an example of how cheaply you can upgrade, I bought this bow on poe.xyz for 5 Chaos (as a 1 socket). It's only level 53, so you should really be looking for something better:

If you're trying to stick to self found, you're going to suffer for it. The game's balanced around trading. You'll need to keep grinding and grinding until you either get lucky enough to have good items drop or you manage to craft something solid. If you do end up sticking with your current bow for a while, at least throw 20 Whetstones on it. That'll boost your DPS a little.
ya hes right, get a new bow. If you let ur gear suck, then ur clear speed sucks and your potential for finding new gear sucks, you get caught in a cycle of shit. If you invest in a decent weapon, ull make back that investment very quickly by farming higher zones faster.
"
Jennik wrote:
If you're trying to stick to self found, you're going to suffer for it. The game's balanced around trading.

Right, self-found is 'the man mode' here, enjoy the harder experience or break open your piggybank and go shopping, your gear is the biggest problem.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info